• Register
  • Help

Topic: Converting older Garritan Libraries

Share/Bookmark

Question Converting older Garritan Libraries

Folks, I just now am having a little time to get back to making music, after a ~ 2 year hiatus. I have several older Garritan libraries that I take it need to be updated. l T hey are listed below:
    Stradivari
    Concert and Marching Band
    Jazz and Big Band

Are these still around?
    What are the upgrade options for these?
    What libraries should I look at purchasing to replace these?

Thanks so very much in advance for your assistance!

Re: Converting older Garritan Libraries

Well, if you check out

www.garritan.com

you should find all the answers.

Richard

Quote Originally Posted by rfdillon View Post
    Folks, I just now am having a little time to get back to making music, after a ~ 2 year hiatus. I have several older Garritan libraries that I take it need to be updated. l T hey are listed below:
    Stradivari
    Concert and Marching Band
    Jazz and Big Band

Are these still around?
    What are the upgrade options for these?
    What libraries should I look at purchasing to replace these?

Thanks so very much in advance for your assistance!
    I believe all three libraries are Kontakt based, so you should be able to get the latest updates to your current version for free either through the NI service centre, or the Garritan website.

You probably have the latest version of the Strad, but CMB & Jabb are now on v3 which you can upgrade each to for around $50.

Question Re: Converting older Garritan Libraries

Thanks for your advice! I have versions 2.0 of Jabb and Concert and Marching band. And I don't see anything for the Stradivari. I downloaded the latest update to the Steinway, which always had the Aria player, so I think I'm good to go there. I also upgraded and downloaded version 4 of GOP.
    I did notice on the web site that version 3 existed for Jabb, but only saw version 2 available for Concert and marching band. Does anyone know if I could possibly convert version 2 of Concert and marching band at no cost to use with Aria?

Quote Originally Posted by rfdillon View Post
    Does anyone know if I could possibly convert version 2 of Concert and marching band at no cost to use with Aria?
    Sorry, my mistake earlier ... CoMB v2 is the latest version and already uses Aria, so I assume you are on v1 like me.

If so, what you want to is possible if you export the samples and convert them to sfz format. This will be at a loss of the inbuilt programming features, and I guess may allowed within the terms of the licence if its only for your own use ... but doesn't seem worth the effort compared to either sticking with CoMBv1 (as I do for now) or upgrading for a very minimal charge.

Hello again, rfdillon - I just replied to your other thread.

I highly recommend you upgrade both JABB and CoMB which have been re-programmed to work in Aria. That way you'll have your whole Garritan arsenal in one tidy Aria package.

Randy B.

Go Back to forum