• Register
  • Help

Topic: 2 demos (Bassoon/Strings and Bass trombone/Concert Organ)

Share/Bookmark

2 demos (Bassoon/Strings and Bass trombone/Concert Organ)

"Winter Soliloquy"

http://www.guybacos.com/audio/Winter%20Soliloquy.mp3

Instruments: VSL, bassoon 2 from the downloads, and strings.

Destiny's Battle"

http://www.guybacos.com/audio/Destiny%20s%20Battle.mp3

Instruments: VSL, Bass trombone from the downloads and Concert Organ.

Re: 2 demos (Bassoon/Strings and Bass trombone/Concert Organ)

Only listened to the Bass Tromb demo so far, Guy.

That is quite a battle ... it would be very exciting for an audience, but I think the bass trombonist would have to be very fit to play so loudly and energetically in the pedal register for so much of the piece, but I'm sure it could be done.

Personally, I'd enjoy hearing a little more room reverb/echo on the tromb part to make it sound more convincingly like it's in the same space as the organ ... or is it the balance that's not quite right, perhaps? ... but I've only listened on earbuds so it may sound perfect on better equipment.

Great piece as always nevertheless ... I'd love to hear what you could do/did with GPO!

Thanks Jeffrey for taking the time to listen and comment!

You are right about the space of the bass trombone being not in proportion. That was intended, only because it's a dedicated demo for the bass trombone for which the clarification of the dedicated instrument is important since that's what people will be paying attention to when listening to a demo for the bass trombone. However, I may have a different mix for my website, since musically I also have a concern with that.

More space for the bass tromb. Ok, will check that. Thanks!

GPO, don't know, never tried it, so many libs I never tried being tied up with VSL.

Guy

Wow, Guy -- you did it yet again! I especially enjoyed "Winter Soliloquy", and speaking as a former bassoonist, you handled the instrument very well. Quite effective use of the bassoon's tremendous range and expressiveness.

By the way, I'm just curious -- how long does it take for you to write your compositions?

Steve
    If you'd like to hear a couple of pieces I might actually finish someday, please visit my virtual concert hall.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Johnson View Post
    Wow, Guy -- you did it yet again! I especially enjoyed "Winter Soliloquy", and speaking as a former bassoonist, you handled the instrument very well. Quite effective use of the bassoon's tremendous range and expressiveness.

By the way, I'm just curious -- how long does it take for you to write your compositions?

Steve
    Thanks a lot Steve! It's great to hear this from a former bassoonist.

I spend in average between 3 and 5 days per demo, which includes everything, but there's a lot more time spent on the programming than the composition itself.

Thanks for listening!

Guy

Go Back to forum