• Register
  • Help

Topic: garriatan vs la and vls

Share/Bookmark

garriatan vs la and vls

just a simple question how is gpo 4 compared to the mentioned

Re: garriatan vs la and vls

GPO compares well if you also take into account the price of each product. But if you're comparing only the sound, then I personally prefer both VSL and LASS to GPO. More articulations, chromatic samples, round robin, etc....

But I continue to use all of these libraries. They each have their own strengths and weaknesses. I like to layer different string libraries together to get the best of both worlds.

Agree with the above. Even if you would would end up buying some other product for string sound, GPO has an amazing selection of other instruments as well. I constantly use GPO for brass (has some Project Sam samples), glockenspiel, wind machine and all kinds of other small instruments. It's really much for the money as an orchestral collection and even if the strings wouldn't compare to the more modern products, many other instruments in GPO still do. A very good basic palette.
    Film Composer - www.juhanalehtiniemi.com
    My latest project: Our first indie pop -single, produced in Ableton Live, available also on iTunes and Amazon
    Mac Pro 6-core 3.33GHz

thanks guys i should properly say it is only a hobby for me so i think gpo is a god solution

Quote Originally Posted by Leif H Larsen View Post
    thanks guys i should properly say it is only a hobby for me so i think gpo is a god solution
    I'm sure you won't regret it.
    Film Composer - www.juhanalehtiniemi.com
    My latest project: Our first indie pop -single, produced in Ableton Live, available also on iTunes and Amazon
    Mac Pro 6-core 3.33GHz

VSL sells download versions of many of their instrumentsthat contain the basic articulations, and seem to be a pretty good value, asyou can buy just what you need.

It's also probably worth mentioning that EastWest is going to be having a by one get one free sale shortly. They have some VERY nice stuff.

Go Back to forum