• Register
  • Help

Topic: Cakewalk UA-1G Noise problem, question about ARIA octaves, possibly EWI USB specific?

Share/Bookmark

Cakewalk UA-1G Noise problem, question about ARIA octaves, possibly EWI USB specific?

Hello,

I have the EWI USB and purchased the Cakewalk UA-1G to hook my laptop up to the church PA system, however this causes noise, which doesn't happen when hookign my laptop up directly to the PA, anyone know what might cause this, can I get a different type of cord or what might I do to fix the noise problem?

Also in the ARIA for the EWI USB, all the instruments are set so I can play them as C instruments, but I am wondering how the octaves are set up, meaning is the middle octave on the EWI USB the normal main octave for that instrument?

Or do I need to know that a Tenor Sax would usually play on the lower octave, or such?

Thank you very much! - Jason

Check out this great short video starring Kirk Cameron as one of the voices: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TCSUKIhjevo

Re: Cakewalk UA-1G Noise problem, question about ARIA octaves, possibly EWI USB speci

Make sure you don't have input monitoring switched on for the cakewalk audio interface. Also use shielded cables. The usb interface should be much less noisy than your laptop's built-in output.

Regarding transposition: the middle octave on the EWI USB is the middle octave on the piano keyboard, though in the bundled Aria player some instrument ranges are moved around if I remember well. But in the full-blown JABB and GPO all instruments are set up at their normal ranges, so you must use the octave rollers and/or your DAW's MIDI transpose feature to move to the middle octave of the instrument.

Go Back to forum