• Register
  • Help

Topic: Fantasy for Wind Ensemble Premieres tonight!

Share/Bookmark

Fantasy for Wind Ensemble Premieres tonight!

A piece that I wrote last winter (2009-2010) is being premiered tonight at Cleveland State University. The Cleveland Youth Wind Symphony will be performing the piece under the direction of Gary Ciepluch, Director of Bands at Case-Western Reserve University and Wind Ensemble Director at the Cleveland Institute of Music.

The piece, entitled "Fantasy for Wind Symphony", is based on the name of the director translated into an Octal Scale pattern. Further more, I took the letters of the director's name and spelled the name out using morse code. This provides the rhythmic pulse to the piece. If you are interested, you can find the piece in the listening room as rendered in GPO4 and JaBB. If there is interest, I will post the live performance when I receive a cd of it later this summer.

The piece will also be performed on May 2 at a Performing Arts Center in Brecksville/Broadview Hts. High School.
    [Music is the Rhythm, Harmony and Breath of Life]
    "Music is music, and a note's a note" - Louis 'Satchmo' Armstrong

Rich

Re: Fantasy for Wind Ensemble Premieres tonight!

Congratulations! It is always such a high to hear one's music performed live. A bit nerve-wracking as well (for me anyway!)

I hope it is a wonderful evening for you.
    In theory there is no difference between theory and practice, but in practice there is.

http://reberclark.blogspot.com http://reberclark.bandcamp.com http://www.youtube.com/reberclark

Hey Rich,

Haven't been around much lately but was so glad to read this most excellent news! A big congradulations to one of my favorite forum musicians.

It's always a thrill to hear one's music performed and I hope Wed night was a special and memorable one for you and your family.

Best regards,

Frank

PS: Please post the live version when you get the CD!

The concert went well last night. I had lots of favorable compliments on my piece. There is one more performance on Monday, May 2.

Thank you for the comments Frank and reberclark. I do appreciate your enthusiasm.
    [Music is the Rhythm, Harmony and Breath of Life]
    "Music is music, and a note's a note" - Louis 'Satchmo' Armstrong

Rich

congratulations.
    it's such a rewarding feeling hearing your work come to life this way.
    I really hope you'll post at least an excerpt from the better of the two performances.

Go Back to forum