• Register
  • Help

Topic: VST Performance Overloud

Share/Bookmark

VST Performance Overloud

I need build a new computer for my home recording studio, i was looking info about possessors and motherboards, and I confuse about it. I read than the AMD possessor are better than Intel for music stuff, is that true also is the Asus motherboard are better than gigabyte?

Guys I'm using cubase 6 but my problem when I using 2 midi tracks or more the VST Performance comes Overlouad

This is my PC specification
    Intel core i7 860 @ 2.80 GHz
    Intel corporation DP55 WG
    Gigabyte Graphic GV-N 220 1GB
    Ram : 12GB 4x4x4
    Gigabyte power supply 800 WAT

Please if you never mind to tell me the best PC specification for proffesional music recording to get lowest performance to add a lot of midi tracks

Thanks

Re: VST Performance Overloud

Your PC specification is fine which I'm not sure if you are considering or already have. An AMD CPU will not be more powerful than the Core i7. Most DAW music computer builders only use the Core i7 or Core i5's in their builds. A couple that I know tend more toward Gigabyte boards.

I use a Core i7 with a Gigabyte motherboard and do full orchestral scores without having to bounce tracks or freeze instruments to play the whole orchestra. That's usually up to 90 tracks using about 15-20 VSTi's loaded up with about 8 GB of instruments.

If the specification you have is your current with issues with only 2 midi tracks then you have another problem. What are you using for your soundcard and what is the latency set at. To low of a setting can put extra strain on the CPU and cause pops and clicks.

Jim

Quote Originally Posted by Haydn View Post
    What are you using for your soundcard and what is the latency set at. To low of a setting can put extra strain on the CPU and cause pops and clicks.

Jim
    I'm using M-Audio Project Mix I/O also my puffer size on my sound 1024 I cant put it more of 1024 overwise the sound will be delay

By the way I have 2 Hard Drive (500 for C) + (2TB for D) is that mean if I put C drive 250 & 2 TB as external the VST Performance in cubase will be LOW?

Thanks Haydn

Your buffer is definintely set high at 1024 so that shouldn't cause an issue. What is the chipset for the firewire on your motherboard? Texas Instruments is the recommended.

Jim

Go Back to forum