• Register
  • Help

Topic: Am I blind--? I can't find where to edit my profile anymore

Share/Bookmark

Am I blind--? I can't find where to edit my profile anymore

I'm trying to change my signature - "Vampyr" has more than run its course and needs to be put quietly to sleep, but when I go to my profile and try to edit, I'm not finding the tools to change things--. Am I blind? I've edited that many times over the last few years - now suddenly---?

Randy

Re: Am I blind--? I can't find where to edit my profile anymore

Did you try on the header above the following?

Under "Forum Actions" drop down menu select "Edit Profile". I found it there. It is different than before.
    [Music is the Rhythm, Harmony and Breath of Life]
    "Music is music, and a note's a note" - Louis 'Satchmo' Armstrong

Rich

Quote Originally Posted by RichR View Post
    Did you try on the header above the following?

Under "Forum Actions" drop down menu select "Edit Profile". I found it there. It is different than before.
    AAah, thank you, Rich! I was clicking "My Profile" and then "customize my profile"-- Got it now, under "Forum Actions" just as you said. - Not sure if that was changed, but all I know is I couldn't find my way back without your help. Shows you how long since it's been that I've edited my signature - that "Vampyr" link was just lying there, all lonely and un-clicked - I Had to put it out of its misery.
    Thanks again, Rich.

Randy

Quote Originally Posted by rbowser- View Post
    AAah, thank you, Rich! I was clicking "My Profile" and then "customize my profile"-- Got it now, under "Forum Actions" just as you said. - Not sure if that was changed, but all I know is I couldn't find my way back without your help. Shows you how long since it's been that I've edited my signature - that "Vampyr" link was just lying there, all lonely and un-clicked - I Had to put it out of its misery.
    Thanks again, Rich.

Randy
    Too bad about "Vampyr." I really liked it and it took a lot of work to produce. I have a similar languishing project, held up for permissions, and fear it may disappear as well.

C'est la vie. Everybody dance.
    In theory there is no difference between theory and practice, but in practice there is.

http://reberclark.blogspot.com http://reberclark.bandcamp.com http://www.youtube.com/reberclark

Quote Originally Posted by reberclark View Post
    Too bad about "Vampyr." I really liked it and it took a lot of work to produce. I have a similar languishing project, held up for permissions, and fear it may disappear as well.

C'est la vie. Everybody dance.
    AH, it's my "Vampyr" audience! - Thanks, Chip. I do appreciate you clicking on through and hearing my piece, and am very glad you enjoyed it. There isn't any change in the status of the project, it hasn't been suppressed or anything like that - I just meant that I was tired of seeing it in my signature. Everyone had seen it there in my signature for months, and I only had one click through - yours!--so, I figure everyone was tired of seeing it, not just me.

I'll think of something else to put down there.

Thanks again, Rich and Chip.

Randy

And all this time I just thought it was a signature file only. Never even thought to click on it!
    [Music is the Rhythm, Harmony and Breath of Life]
    "Music is music, and a note's a note" - Louis 'Satchmo' Armstrong

Rich

Quote Originally Posted by RichR View Post
    And all this time I just thought it was a signature file only. Never even thought to click on it!
    Oh! ha--well, that's good input for me to keep in mind if I ever set up a signature with links again. I'll know to include more text to explain.

All those links I had in my sig were active -one was to a live feed of my blog, another was to a page where the "Dorian" cast album could be heard, and "Vampyr" linked to a page with info about how to see the whole movie.

I appreciate the input, Rich - I'll make it more explicit next time. Thanks.

Randy

Quote Originally Posted by rbowser- View Post
    I was clicking "My Profile" and then "customize my profile"
    Randy
    What? You thought you could customize your profile by clicking on "customize my profile"? How foolishly naive.

Pat

Quote Originally Posted by pokeefe View Post
    What? You thought you could customize your profile by clicking on "customize my profile"? How foolishly naive.

Pat
    I know - What a silly mon I can be.

Randy

Go Back to forum