• Register
  • Help

Topic: GPO4 Not Recognized by Finale 2011

Share/Bookmark

Angry GPO4 Not Recognized by Finale 2011

I own Finale 2009/2011.

I use both applications on a Mac Pro and a MacBook Pro. The Mac Pro sees all of my Garritan libraries in the "Wizard" when starting a new Finale 2011 file. The MacBook Pro only sees "Finale GPO." No other choices. Both computers had the Garritan libraries installed BEFORE Finale 2011.

Why? What is the problem with my MacBook Pro? Do I need to install a file in some directory to make all of my Garritan libraries visible in the Wizard when creating a new Finale file in the MacBook Pro? :

Jack
    Rhap2
    Jack Cannon--MacBook Pro (2015, 13") GPO4/5, JABB3, Auth. STEINWAY, YAMAHA CFX, Gofriller CELLO, Stradivari VIOLIN, COMB2, WORLD, HARPS, PIPE ORGANS, FINALE 2014.5, Mac Pro 2.66 GHz CPU, 8 GB RAM, DP 9.5, MOTU Traveler, MOTU Micro Express, MacBook Pro (2012, 13") 2.2 Ghz CPU, 8 GB RAM.

Re: GPO4 Not Recognized by Finale 2011

This knowledge base article will tell you what files you need in what directories.

http://makemusic.custhelp.com/app/an...dVpBTFJvc2s%3D

Thank you Jeff. I have read the information and will comply. Hope this will
    correct my situation.

Thank you again,

Jack
    Rhap2
    Jack Cannon--MacBook Pro (2015, 13") GPO4/5, JABB3, Auth. STEINWAY, YAMAHA CFX, Gofriller CELLO, Stradivari VIOLIN, COMB2, WORLD, HARPS, PIPE ORGANS, FINALE 2014.5, Mac Pro 2.66 GHz CPU, 8 GB RAM, DP 9.5, MOTU Traveler, MOTU Micro Express, MacBook Pro (2012, 13") 2.2 Ghz CPU, 8 GB RAM.

Did you solve your problem?
    Steve Winkler GPO4 JAAB3 Finale 2012 Reaper Windows 7 Pro 64-bit VSL SE+

Hi Jeff:

Completed the downloads for GPO4 and JABB3 and the Finale 2011 Wizard shows
    both libraries.

HOWEVER,

The ARIA Player Plug-in is not in the Mac HD > Library > Audio > Plug-ins > components
    folder. Do I have to copy this ARIA Player Plug-in and insert it in the proper place?

Regards and many thanks to this point,

Jack

Quote Originally Posted by swinkler View Post
    Did you solve your problem?
    Hi Steve:

Jeff Turner steered me towards a "knowledge base article" that listed the steps
    in making all Garritan Libraries show up in the Finale 2009 and subsequent
    Wizard.

All libraries are visible, BUT the ARIA Plug-in is not in the components folder. Do I
    have to copy it from somewhere and enter it into Mac HD > Library > Audio > PLug-ins
    > components folder?

Thanks for helping me,

Jack

Jeff and Steve:

It seems that I do not have the file: "Instruments for Finale 2011 AU.component"
    in my Components folder as I have for Finale 2009. I would send you a screenshot, but
    I don't have a website and can't attach anything to my Forum messages.

Where can I get that file for Finale 2011?

Thanks,

Jack

Can you do a search for the "Instruments for Finale 2011 AU.component" file? The reason I say is on windows (we have .dll files) everything moved in Finale 2011. I guess what I'm saying is if you're expecting to see those files in the same location for 2011, they might not be there.
    Steve Winkler GPO4 JAAB3 Finale 2012 Reaper Windows 7 Pro 64-bit VSL SE+

Hi Steve:

Yes. I did a search for the file: "Instruments for Finale 2011 AU.Component" and
    the search came up "EMPTY." But, I think I found the problem.

After I loaded the correct files to the correct places from the "knowledge base file" that
    Jeff led me to, I opened a PREVIOUS Finale 2009 file and received the ARIA error
    message. Later, I CREATED a NEW Finale 2011 file using the Wizard and the ARIA player
    and instruments showed up fine. I should have performed this troubleshooting first, I
    guess.

Then, I went back to the previous Finale 2009 file (which was renamed of course) to
    be used in Finale 2011 and selected the ARIA Player, loaded (n) instruments and
    all fell into place.

I think loading the older Finale 2009 file was the reason for the ARIA problem. I should
    have known better because I have had to "reload" instruments previously on older files
    before being able to use ARIA.

I hope this makes sense and also hope that this solves my problem. If it doesn't, I will
    ask for more help. My primary DAW is Digital Performer, so I only use Finale as a
    scratch pad type of compositional tool. And, it is a great one especially for manuscripts
    of conductor scores and player parts.

Many thanks to you and Jeff for all the help you have given me.

Regards,

Jack

Go Back to forum