• Register
  • Help

Topic: Random 'note on' dynamics in Omnisphere

Share/Bookmark

Random 'note on' dynamics in Omnisphere

I Wonder if anyone can shed light on this:

When I play or record any voice in Omnisphere (latest patch) using Cubase 5.5 and the M-Audio Keystation 61 ES USB, I get random dynamics on the note velocity, even though the velocity is the same.
    Listen here: http://soundcloud.com/liquidmuse/omnisphere-test

I presume this is deliberate, and I expect to find a big red button that says random dynamics: off It's been something I've lived with for the last year, but I still find it limits some sounds I use. It is annoying when you just want a nice repeated pattern that is reasonably consistent.

Thanks.

<edit> I should mention that it's irrespective of whether the notes are drawn in midi or played.

Re: Random 'note on' dynamics in Omnisphere

At first I thought you may have been doubling up your midi notes- but hearing it- this sounds like it is simply the variances in round robins. Try dissabling the round robin amount and try it again.

Thanks for the suggestion, but checking the settings, round robins are set to 'no variation'. It does sound like doubled up notes at times yes, but they are definitely single notes. Even if I load light and/or preview, it's still the same.

The patch is 'Glorious Guitars' by the way.

Quote Originally Posted by nomy View Post
    I Wonder if anyone can shed light on this:

When I play or record any voice in Omnisphere (latest patch) using Cubase 5.5 and the M-Audio Keystation 61 ES USB, I get random dynamics on the note velocity, even though the velocity is the same.
    Listen here: http://soundcloud.com/liquidmuse/omnisphere-test

I presume this is deliberate, and I expect to find a big red button that says random dynamics: off It's been something I've lived with for the last year, but I still find it limits some sounds I use. It is annoying when you just want a nice repeated pattern that is reasonably consistent.

Thanks.

<edit> I should mention that it's irrespective of whether the notes are drawn in midi or played.

Hi nomy

the patches you have chosen is based on sound and a style of playing, the articulation seems to be based on the finger style of the acoustic guitar the using of all fingers plus the thum, this patch seems to emulate that style and seems to be giving off different tensions from each finger. it is also layerd with strings . the articulation doesnt appear it can change but does appear to be deliberate,

you can choose your own acoustic guitar and layer it with your own strings from the Omni library if you want to play with out articulation, or you can replace the acoustic finger style with something else.

novaburst

you have some very nice tracks going on there

Actually that sound is using modulation to randomize the sample start time as well as the sample timbre.
    If you go into the mod matrix you can turn this off and that will solve your problem.
    Intel - Core i7 920 2.66GHz Quad Core 12Gig DDR3 1HD - 500GB for system 3HD - 1TB Seagate Sata II for audio and samples RME Multiface II Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit Cubase 5 64 bit Omnisphere, Trilian, RMX, EWQLSO Gold with Close Mics, QL Choirs, Gypsy, SD1, SD2 Pro, QL Pianos Gold, QL RA, Fab Four, Ministry of Rock, Reaktor, Memphis Horns, Ethno World II, Garritan Strings

Quote Originally Posted by novaburst View Post
    Hi nomy

the patches you have chosen is based on sound and a style of playing, the articulation seems to be based on the finger style of the acoustic guitar the using of all fingers plus the thum, this patch seems to emulate that style and seems to be giving off different tensions from each finger. it is also layerd with strings . the articulation doesnt appear it can change but does appear to be deliberate,

you can choose your own acoustic guitar and layer it with your own strings from the Omni library if you want to play with out articulation, or you can replace the acoustic finger style with something else.

novaburst

Quote Originally Posted by slinky View Post
    Actually that sound is using modulation to randomize the sample start time as well as the sample timbre.
    If you go into the mod matrix you can turn this off and that will solve your problem.

Thank you slinky

novaburst

much appreciated

Quote Originally Posted by novaburst View Post
    Hi nomy

Thanks you for your help and ideas, and thanks for the kind comment

Quote Originally Posted by slinky View Post
    Thanks slinky. That's the answer. Wonderful stuff.

Go Back to forum