• Register
  • Help

Topic: Omnisphere Preset Discovery Thread

Share/Bookmark

Omnisphere Preset Discovery Thread

I thought I would start a thread as a way of discovering cool presets that we may come across in Omnisphere. I was going through the pads tonite and really am fond of
    Power Strings Wheel EQ
    Here is the info on the preset (and for those that don't own Omnisphere- they put extra effort into describing each and every sound in the collection- unbelievable if you ask me!)

"The Mod Wheel brings in a very dynamic crescendo with the second layer of strings and lots of EQ boosting. Try playing heavy Marcato style when the wheel is all the way open!"

I really like this preset. I was looking for some strings that had a nice bite on velocity for upbeat songs live- I think this one is very expressive (yet is gentle when played soft).
    Worth checking out

Re: Omnisphere Preset Discovery Thread

Great patch-try moving the modwheel upwards shortly before you release the keys to smell the rosin as the bows leave the strings!

Second instalment.
    This time, I am highlighting a soundsource instead of a patch. You can only get this from the Bob Moog Tribute pack.
    Start with an blank patch, load up Layer A/Sample/ Tribute Zimmer Moog Drums ^ RR.
    Go to Envelopes / AMP, and bring up the "R"elease to max. This will allow the samples to play completely.
    You can add a pro-verb in the effects rack if you want- but I prefer listening to the raw sampleset.

At first I wasn't sure about this. I know it is the biggest sampleset in the collecton- but at first blush- it was just a kit of pretty abstract noises.
    BUT, start from the bottom and focus on each key. Play a variety of volumes and discover some hidden gems. I particulary liked the deep sampling and round robins from G2 - C3. My next goal is to control this with my Handsonic drum pad and really explore how expressive I can get. I can imagine this sampleset being used a heck of a lot in movie scores.

Here is a one shot demo I did with just G2 - C3.
    http://soundcloud.com/javaj/omnisphere-bob-moog-tribute

Until next time.

Quote Originally Posted by Javaj View Post
    Here is the info on the preset (and for those that don't own Omnisphere- they put extra effort into describing each and every sound in the collection- unbelievable if you ask me!)

"The Mod Wheel brings in a very dynamic crescendo with the second layer of strings and lots of EQ boosting. Try playing heavy Marcato style when the wheel is all the way open!"
    Yes, I agree about the usefulness of the descriptions. I would love to be able to scroll through these descriptions without waiting for patches to load, so that I can browse without loading, maybe tagging some, then decide which ones I want to load.

You can- just hit the Lite Version button on top.

Until next time.[/QUOTE]

Very nice had me transfixed untill the end,

i know you are coming up with some nice patches why did you not put a melody with it

keep them coming

Quote Originally Posted by novaburst View Post

Until next time.

Very nice had me transfixed untill the end,

i know you are coming up with some nice patches why did you not put a melody with it

keep them coming[/QUOTE]

I likely won't post many samples unless something just grabs me (like this one did). Thanks for the props- I am hoping that donig this will also inspire myself to get back to some recording (right now I focus on playing live- which is also why I am doing this- I need to get to know all the sounds in my arsenal).

Transfixed to the end eh? (sorry, my Canadian is coming out!). I found that the more I played, the more I listended for the various tones that the samples had. You can hear that at points in the demo- where I honed in on some obvious tonal motifs and repeated them a bit.

And lets be honest- it is just way too cool to be playing something that Hans Zimmer created anyways. (Hey, I might just send this in for the contest!!!)

I have often wonderd what made batman a great movie the actors or the score.

on Hans Zimmers website you can listen to musicans do covers of his score very good stuff

Go Back to forum