• Register
  • Help

Topic: Medieval Movie Music

Share/Bookmark

Medieval Movie Music

Review please

Re: Medieval Movie Music

I like it.. for a short while.
    my only issues with it are: the constant drone/pedal get tiring after a very short while (and are not entirely representative of the period you are trying to describe), and toward the end, as you attempt to thicken the density of voices, there are too many contrapuntal errors which tend to distract from the effect of the music. It sounds a bit too much like improvised lines just being layered one on top of the other. This CAN work, but in the context, the contrapuntal errors end up standing out.
    I was really hoping for a shift at some point to new harmony.
    That being said, the sound is quite good. Your use of GPO is commendable.

Re: Medieval Movie Music

my only issues with it are: the constant drone/pedal get tiring after a very short while (and are not entirely representative of the period you are trying to describe), and toward the end, as you attempt to thicken the density of voices, there are too many contrapuntal errors which tend to distract from the effect of the music. It sounds a bit too much like improvised lines just being layered one on top of the other. This CAN work, but in the context, the contrapuntal errors end up standing out.
    I was really hoping for a shift at some point to new harmony.
    That being said, the sound is quite good. Your use of GPO is commendable.
    Thank you for your constructive criticism.

I am not a professional musician, and I can't even read notes.

Yes, it is all either improvised or edited using the Piano Roll in FL Studio. I get the melodies in my head, then I play them/insert the notes in piano-roll.

Go Back to forum