• Register
  • Help

Topic: Demo: my take on the computer orchestra

Share/Bookmark

Demo: my take on the computer orchestra

Hi,

I'm currently a student at UC Davis and I've been an avid reader (not poster) of this forum for an extensive period of time. I've been enormously interested in computer music, especially the sampled orchestra. Beyond sampling, I've run across many other unique implementations of orchestral instruments. I made this demo back in fall. I have to admit though, I have no ...formal training in music. I played piano, ya. But what I really do is play around, have fun. Its a weird demo, I must say. Its different phrases and themes .....mashed together. It might sound abrupt, unorganized....off even. I was just experimenting. This is what I came up with. I just want some input. Again, I'm a hobbyist. But don't be shy in criticizing the hell out of it haha.

http://snd.sc/hIPnSk

Re: Demo: my take on the computer orchestra

Thanks for posting it, re1man!

It has really wonderful moments, and overall you have a very interesting mockup attitude.

Cheers!

Thanks! My friend describes it as rapidly changing film music

That's really great!!!! Feeling good to know about your interest on music. Because I am also highly interested about it. Anyways, just carry on. Hope for the best for you..

Go Back to forum