• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: New pianos coming soon ?

Share/Bookmark

Question New pianos coming soon ?

Hi,

Just wondering if (and waiting for) the new Authorized Steinway Pro is coming soon. I asked this questions a couple of times, since last fall when I had to buy the basic since the Pro was sold out, and was told via email "probably in a few months or so". So maybe I'm the only impatient customer you have but...

Seriously, don't rush it. I'd rather wait longer and get a product that really works well, but in the meantime, I'd love to hear/read about the progress of the process.

Thanks !

Re: New pianos coming soon ?

Quote Originally Posted by DreamMakerStudio View Post
    Hi,

Just wondering if (and waiting for) the new Authorized Steinway Pro is coming soon. I asked this questions a couple of times, since last fall when I had to buy the basic since the Pro was sold out, and was told via email "probably in a few months or so". So maybe I'm the only impatient customer you have but...

Seriously, don't rush it. I'd rather wait longer and get a product that really works well, but in the meantime, I'd love to hear/read about the progress of the process.

Thanks !
    all I can say the aria engine better have full control , I do own the pro and it lacks big time sad to say , i did purchase a another with Ni control amazing at a fraction of the cost

Hi Ranger,

I only own the basic version. What do you mean by it needing to have full control? ASDR? Access to raw samples or groups?

full control, on color of
    1) hammers (warmth, punch, brillance etc..)
    2) dynamics
    3) custom velocity editor
    4) control on strings (overtones, and physical sounds)

this would be a good start

Question Re: New pianos coming soon ?

And ?
    When ?

We expect we'll make big announcements before NAMM, which though not limited to the pianos do include them. If it helps to know, the Steinway D and B have both been developed internally quite a lot this last year.
    But until the announcements, the news I can give is a bit limited.
    Hope this helps you-
    Jeff

Are you saying that we have just a month of waiting ?
    If yes, it's a good news.

Wow, I read that to mean that they only expect to make only an announcement at NAMM time, no actual release date of product being stated here at all; not even a comittment of said announcement!

I expect the announcement to be simply that the update is expected sometime in the spring, perhaps, and the waiting game continues.

Wow, I really don't like being a nay-sayer like this! AHH! I just call 'em like I see 'em.

Curt

NAMM folks don't buy the products.
    Your customer database is a known and very potent market.

Which to choose from?

Raymond

Actually NAMM folks do buy the products. NAMM is where all the big deals are made. NAMM is a trade show where companies sell their products to wholesalers, music store chains, etc. It's also where the music magazines get their first look at most of the new products. If they like a product, they will ask to review it.

NAMM is also good for networking with many of the big name musicians and with other companies. Gary spends most of the show in meetings which is probably the most important aspect of the show. These meetings generate agreements for product use within the other companies products or lead up to distribution.

Jim

Go Back to forum
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast