Panic

Thank you for your remarks.

Re: Panic

"...Wiktor's a Jekyll-Hyde personality..." - Lycos Music
    http://www.miserymadebeautiful.com
    "...Wiktor's a Jekyll-Hyde personality..." - Lycos Music
    http://www.miserymadebeautiful.com

Sean! I followed suit, easily found "Panic" through Google - the post you have on SoundClick. And now I'm the richer for having heard it.

It's an exciting piece, certainly shows off your command of using Garritan instruments - and of your composing craft. It's pretty relentless in its aural portrayal of Panic, I think my blood pressure rose as I listened, - but I think that means you succeeded!

This is the second post I've found this morning in The Listening Room where the OP has pulled the link - That's very unfortunate. Why not leave the link for people lucky enough to come across it? Participation on all of Gary's pages is much lower than it was in the past, and there aren't many responses posted to Anyone's music - Something will have over 100 hits with no responses, --but I really think we can't find that a reflection of what people think. Just too few people are willing to push a button and at least let composers know they've listened.

--That's really something, that people have been using your music without your permission, and even claiming it as their own work. - That's a drag, But it actually is a testament to how people are impressed with your work.

Your solution to preventing piracy, adding the voice throughout the recording, "The music of Sean Damon"--it's a clever solution - and I decided to think of that as an avant garde compositional idea!

Please re-consider the removal of the link- I think you should just proudly put the link back up and if people still don't respond, it's their loss.

Randy

THough it is no completely my style of music, I must admit that you really master the instruments used in this piece. It is a great performance. As if hte instruments are in my living-room. Really great.

Raymond

Hello Sean;
    Like those before me, I too have tracked-down "Panic" by way of Google. Sean, 2 things: one is this is a great and advanced piece of music which totally surprised and entertained! Excellent job, astounding progress and bright and new and brilliantly presented.
    I understand your paranoia regarding being ripped-off for your ideas. It is more likely to happen today than at any previous time, chiefly due the internet. Many here are composers of original music, myself included. I have written music for many decades, I have signed publishing deals and been ripped off in the most primitive way imaginable - just don't bother to pay you. Or, in the world of song-writing, the deadly "co-author" provision, someone else adds 2 words to your song lyrics and collect 50% of the Royalties!
    When I was younger, I couldn't quite imagine just how much music I would write, and how the music would change and change again, over the years. And how, in that context, I would come to regard my earlier work. I always look forward, not backward. Artists from Bob Dylan to Miles Davis have said the same. As someone said earlier, if they are stealing from you, at least you know you have created something that is valued. It sucks to be ripped-off, but take comfort in the fact we are all in the same boat, all potential victims of being plagiarized.
    Once you publish something on the internet, it is up for grabs. The only way to combat it is to first find the thief, then get your favorite attorney to send them a "Cease and Desist" letter. The other way is just to keep producing music and suck it back.
    "Truth will Out" is always at play in human affairs, it will eventually provide you with the recognition you deserve and have earned.
    Also, thank you again for kindly sharing the modified version of the "Irina Brochin" sample, I have used it already and appreciate how you improved the sample!

So, please re-post the link. I can't tell you what to do regarding your voice-over. But I can tell you what I would do - leave it out.................

Best regards,
    sd cisco

I tried the link and google, but could not see the work. Most strange.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom_Davis View Post
    I tried the link and google, but could not see the work. Most strange.
    You're right about the link, Tom. Last night I listened again - the link at the very bottom of Sean's original post was working. But now it's dead again.

Sean - did you remove the piece again? And why, after 8 months, are you wanting more feedback? Are there things you're unhappy with that you wanted to discuss on this revived thread?

Randy

I do not know why the link does not work properly with every click. The problem must be with the SoundClick site. My first try this morning timed out, but all my others got through. Who knows?

Randy, I did not "remove the piece again". And I am not posting again because I am "wanting more feedback". I happened to come across this thread after having forgotten about it. Sure, I originally withdrew the link because there seemed to be absolutely no interest in it. Note that Michael’s response occurred more than a month after I started the thread. Some threads seem to be of more interest to people than others, and since I am concerned about protecting my music from becoming up-for-grabs generics, I have determined to withdrawal it after community interest seems to have waned.

Although you and sd cisco asked me to repost the link, I guess my mistake in doing so was bumping my own thread instead of starting a new one. I had a gut feeling that this might annoy the moderators when I did this last night. It just serves to remind me how important it is to listen to one’s gut feeling.

Randy, you can go ahead and delete the thread; that’s fine. Or, I can edit it to remove all references to my music, and we can use it to discuss DRM, which is what I, personally, consider most important here.

Whatever you decide to do, I am sorry for annoying you with these actions.

Quote Originally Posted by Sean Damon View Post
    I do not know why the link does not work properly with every click. The problem must be with the SoundClick site. My first try this morning timed out, but all my others got through. Who knows?

Randy, I did not "remove the piece again". And I am not posting again because I am "wanting more feedback". I happened to come across this thread after having forgotten about it. Sure, I originally withdrew the link because there seemed to be absolutely no interest in it. Note that Michael’s response occurred more than a month after I started the thread. Some threads seem to be of more interest to people than others, and since I am concerned about protecting my music from becoming up-for-grabs generics, I have determined to withdrawal it after community interest seems to have waned.

Although you and sd cisco asked me to repost the link, I guess my mistake in doing so was bumping my own thread instead of starting a new one. I had a gut feeling that this might annoy the moderators when I did this last night. It just serves to remind me how important it is to listen to one’s gut feeling.

Randy, you can go ahead and delete the thread; that’s fine. Or, I can edit it to remove all references to my music, and we can use it to discuss DRM, which is what I, personally, consider most important here.

Whatever you decide to do, I am sorry for annoying you with these actions.
    Sean - You didn't cause any "annoyance" with anything you've done. From your new post, it sounds like you're reacting to your own uncertainty about boosting the post last night - you're not reacting realistically to anything I've said or even thought.

I had interest in hearing your piece again, that's why I played it last night. I asked why you were boosting/re-posting because I wasn't clear what you wanted - that maybe there was some way we could assist you.

I don't have the power to delete threads, despite my "moderator" label. And if I did, I'd have no desire to delete your thread.

Randy

Go Back to forum