• Register
  • Help

Topic: Gigapiano

Share/Bookmark

Gigapiano

Hi Peoples!
    I\'m considering Gigapiano. Can anyone recommend some \'real world\' hardware requirements so that it will run as smooth as possible. I have an AMD K7 with 128MB RAM...will that do? Thanks muchly!

Re: Gigapiano

Bob,

I have been using GigaPiano with GigaSampler64 on my mere Dell PII 400 without any trouble at all. I have 192MB RAM, put the GigaPiano.gig on a second hard drive, as Nemesys suggested (30GB IBM Deskstar) which is connected to a Promise Ultra ATA 100 Controller Card. I also just got the Audiophile 2496 sound card which sounds very nice indeed. Interestingly, my latency is lower (and performance is more consistent) when I have my digital piano connected to my Turtle Beach sound card midi interface rather than that on the Audiophile. The GigaPiano really excels with the sustain pedal down ie. Beethoven\'s Moonlight Sonata Movement 1 and Debussy\'s Clair de Lune sound so much better than what my Yamaha digital piano could produce!

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size=\"1\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by BobRock:
    Hi Peoples!
    I\'m considering Gigapiano. Can anyone recommend some \'real world\' hardware requirements so that it will run as smooth as possible. I have an AMD K7 with 128MB RAM...will that do? Thanks muchly!
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Having a separate data HDD with the Gigapiano at the beginning of the disk (the section with the fastest access) should do it.

Hey, are you Bob the drummer that I knew at Berklee (1980-1983)? If so, how the h*ll are you?

Regards,

------------------
    Lennie Moore
    lamoore@loop.com
    www.lenniemoore.com

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size=\"1\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by lamoore:
    Having a separate data HDD with the Gigapiano at the beginning of the disk (the section with the fastest access) should do it.

Hey, are you Bob the drummer that I knew at Berklee (1980-1983)? If so, how the h*ll are you?

Regards,

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hi!
    Thanks for tha info! And sorry to say I\'m not the Berkely man you speak of.
    Take care,
    Bob

Go Back to forum