• Register
  • Help

Topic: Omnisphere: Problem with Classic Nylon Guitar samples?

Share/Bookmark

Omnisphere: Problem with Classic Nylon Guitar samples?

Do the lower velocity samples at A3 & A#3 sound especially bright to anyone? They really stick out compared to surrounding notes.

I'm using (Mac):

Software: 1.5.5e
    Soundsources: 1.0.2
    Patches: 1.5.5

Re: Omnisphere: Problem with Classic Nylon Guitar samples?

It's on the fix list for a future update.

Thanks, Eric.

And while I've got your attention, I've got to say 2 things:

- Omnisphere is absolutely awesome! It makes everything else sound lifeless. THANK YOU.

- And, can I put in my 2 cents for more "playable" patches? Or as some would say, more bread and butter patches? Don't get me wrong, the wide spectrum that is Omnisphere is nothing short of amazing, but my vote would be for more patches that are the 'normal" mainstay of keyboard players, BUT, with the LIFE that Omnisphere brings? Like Glorious Guitars, Air Magic Carpet and Bursting? Omnisphere'd pianos, EP's, B3's and orchestra type patches that a live keyboard player would need. I'm guess what I'm asking for is almost like a General MIDI patchlist, but with Omnisphere's richness and life. Does that make any sense?

Btw, that was DEFINITELY not meant to sound like a whine... Thanks! Seriously...

I don't know about a GM patch set- but definately would love to see more pianos and lead keyboard sounds that we can use to blend with the other material already out there.
    It would be awesoem ot have a decent grand, upright, electric and wurli in there at least.
    the only issue is- they would likely all have to be set on fire.

Maybe we should get a group together to work on some basic patches built with the existing sampleset available (heck, maybe even a user-created GM bank). It would be funny to hear what could be created to imitate a GM set?

Back to the original question - I noticed this issue as well. Its a volume thing though isn't it? A4 struck really softly is VERY loud, compared to G4 for example. And its not just in Nylon guitar patch, its other acoustic guitars too.

So, if I understand right, its a bug that is going to be fixed?

Quote Originally Posted by pizzafilms View Post
    Do the lower velocity samples at A3 & A#3 sound especially bright to anyone? They really stick out compared to surrounding notes.

I'm using (Mac):

Software: 1.5.5e
    Soundsources: 1.0.2
    Patches: 1.5.5

actually, if you load up that soundset and play quietly through the entire keyrange- there are more volume issues beyond the A3 area (like B1,B2, C4 AND UP).

Quote Originally Posted by Javaj View Post
    actually, if you load up that soundset and play quietly through the entire keyrange- there are more volume issues beyond the A3 area (like B1,B2, C4 AND UP).
    Don't go crazy. A lot of those differences are a good thing. :-)

That's why it sounds more realistic that a "workstation" type of Guitar, where everything is too perfectly even.

Quote Originally Posted by Finland Blue View Post
    Back to the original question - I noticed this issue as well. Its a volume thing though isn't it?
    Nope...it's a timbre thing.

A4 struck really softly is VERY loud, compared to G4 for example. And its not just in Nylon guitar patch, its other acoustic guitars too.
    Nope. Don't forget that A4 is an open string in most cases, so it's indeed supposed to sound different...just like it does on the real instrument.

The issue with the Nylon is an isolated one.

So, if I understand right, its a bug that is going to be fixed?
    It's not a bug. :-) (but we can possibly improve it in a soundsource update)

Keep in mind that that particular Nylon string guitar soundsource in Omnisphere is from a very old library that was produced in 1994....as you can imagine, things were a little different then in the sampling world than they are now. :-)

There's not really a soft sample available for that note from the original sessions, but we can probably fake one in there to improve the dynamic evenness in a soundsource update.

Thanks for the feedback guys. :-)

spectrum

Thanks for the clarification :-)
    Gigabyte H55M-UD2H, Intel Core i7, 4MB RAM, Windows 7 Pro 64-bit, Soundcard : MOTU Ultralite Mk-3, & Sonar : Studio 7.0. Motif XS, Yamaha W7, Korg Trinity, Omnisphere, Stylus RMX.

and thanks for just being Eric!!!

Go Back to forum