• Register
  • Help
Results 1 to 9 of 9

Topic: Can I assign middle and Left piano pedal to Instrument patches?

Share/Bookmark
  1. #1

    Can I assign middle and Left piano pedal to Instrument patches?

    I love the way I can control legato recording of the sustained instruments with my right piano pedal. Is it possible to assign instruments or other articulations like accented brass to the middle or left pedal?

    André
    You can listen to my music on: www.andrevanharen.com

  2. #2

    Re: Can I assign middle and Left piano pedal to Instrument patches?

    Quote Originally Posted by AndreasvanHaren View Post
    I love the way I can control legato recording of the sustained instruments with my right piano pedal. Is it possible to assign instruments or other articulations like accented brass to the middle or left pedal?

    André
    I have a script for Reaper which assigns the pedals to the note you want.
    http://bartruffle.blogspot.com/2011/...om-pedals.html

  3. #3

    Re: Can I assign middle and Left piano pedal to Instrument patches?

    Quote Originally Posted by briff View Post
    I have a script for Reaper which assigns the pedals to the note you want.
    http://learnewi.blogspot.com/2011/03...om-pedals.html
    But I need the hardware for this?
    You can listen to my music on: www.andrevanharen.com

  4. #4

    Re: Can I assign middle and Left piano pedal to Instrument patches?

    Quote Originally Posted by AndreasvanHaren View Post
    But I need the hardware for this?
    No. I wrote this actually to switch stops on the harpsichord.

    Though regarding the harpsichord I realized that I need an other script that switches channels while playing. I will create that as well soon, so that would be allow you to switch to an other instrument using the pedal.

  5. #5

    Re: Can I assign middle and Left piano pedal to Instrument patches?

    Quote Originally Posted by briff View Post
    No. I wrote this actually to switch stops on the harpsichord.

    Though regarding the harpsichord I realized that I need an other script that switches channels while playing. I will create that as well soon, so that would be allow you to switch to an other instrument using the pedal.
    I would like to try this script, how do I use it? What would be nice to have is for example Legato strings right pedal, pizz strings left pedal and marcato/short strings middle pedal.

    Or having the possibility to assign the key switches myself.
    You can listen to my music on: www.andrevanharen.com

  6. #6

    Re: Can I assign middle and Left piano pedal to Instrument patches?

    Quote Originally Posted by AndreasvanHaren View Post
    I would like to try this script, how do I use it? What would be nice to have is for example Legato strings right pedal, pizz strings left pedal and marcato/short strings middle pedal.

    Or having the possibility to assign the key switches myself.
    Download http://stash.reaper.fm/8202/pedal-keyswitch.jsonic
    After downloading put in the Effects folder of the REAPER application directory.

    Then you open REAPER, add FX > JS, choose "pedal-keyswitch.jsonic" - then you'll get a small UI where you can assign the 3 pedals to notes.

  7. #7

    Re: Can I assign middle and Left piano pedal to Instrument patches?

    Quote Originally Posted by briff View Post
    Download http://stash.reaper.fm/8202/pedal-keyswitch.jsonic
    After downloading put in the Effects folder of the REAPER application directory.

    Then you open REAPER, add FX > JS, choose "pedal-keyswitch.jsonic" - then you'll get a small UI where you can assign the 3 pedals to notes.
    What is reaper?
    You can listen to my music on: www.andrevanharen.com

  8. #8

    Re: Can I assign middle and Left piano pedal to Instrument patches?

    Quote Originally Posted by AndreasvanHaren View Post
    What is reaper?
    An inexpensive DAW, see http://www.reaper.fm

  9. #9

    Re: Can I assign middle and Left piano pedal to Instrument patches?

    Quote Originally Posted by briff View Post
    An inexpensive DAW, see http://www.reaper.fm
    Never heard of this one, and it's probably not very much used in professional circles, like pro tools and Logic. Not sure if I want to start with a complete new sequencer.
    You can listen to my music on: www.andrevanharen.com

Go Back to forum

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •