• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 11

Topic: Aria problems in Sonar X1

Share/Bookmark
  1. #1

    Aria problems in Sonar X1

    New GPO user, John Braner, has posted in the Sonar Forum about a bad problem he's having. Every time he re-opens a project, all of the audio outs from Aria have been re-set to the first stereo pair, "1/2." He's been programming each slot in Aria to its own stereo out, 1/1 through 31/32 - and of course that is the best practice. But he's understandably frustrated that he has to set up these audio outs every time he goes back to work on a project.

    Here's the thread on the Sonar X1 Forum:

    http://forum.cakewalk.com/tm.aspx?m=2309881

    I hope someone here can spot what could be wrong - I'm at a loss.

    Randy B.

  2. #2

    Re: Aria problems in Sonar X1

    Hi Randy,

    It sounds like a persistence issue. I can check it out later today. I'm re-installing the 64bit version of X1 now.

    My guess is that its something in his X1 project that is causing this, either screenset or another X1 feature that is unknowingly resetting his outputs.

    Best Regards,
    Chad

  3. #3

    Re: Aria problems in Sonar X1

    Quote Originally Posted by chad View Post
    Hi Randy,

    It sounds like a persistence issue. I can check it out later today. I'm re-installing the 64bit version of X1 now.

    My guess is that its something in his X1 project that is causing this, either screenset or another X1 feature that is unknowingly resetting his outputs.

    Best Regards,
    Chad
    Great, Chad - I'm glad you saw this post. Someone at the Sonar Forum ran some tests, and couldn't recreate John's problem. I would test it myself, but my computer with X1 on it is currently dead in the water, unfortunately.

    It'll be interesting to see what your findings are.

    Randy

  4. #4

    Re: Aria problems in Sonar X1

    SOLVED! John, the Aria user who posted this problem at the Sonar Forum has figured out what was wrong. He had his screensets locked, preventing changes to be saved - like audio out assignments in Aria.

    Having Sonar X1 screensets accidentally locked is one of the biggest issues with users. They'll swear that screensets aren't working, that settings aren't be saved - then they discover that they've locked out the changes by mistake.

    SO - Chad, there's the answer. Aria IS playing nice with Sonar X1 after all.

    Randy

  5. #5

    Re: Aria problems in Sonar X1

    Hi Randy,

    Thanks for the followup. I'm glad it got sorted out. I did have a chance to install the 64bit version of X1 and wasn't able to reproduce this issue. I'll have to play around with locking screensets. If it becomes a common issue we can forward to Plogue to have them add this as a FAQ article to ariaengine.com.

    Cheers,
    Chad

  6. #6

    Re: Aria problems in Sonar X1

    I just got GPO4 and can't figure out how to make it work with Sonar X1. I'm sure I am missing a step somewhere. When I downloaded gpo, did I make a mistake during the download and installation? Help, I'm an old guy with an analog brain. I hope I didn't waste my time and money on GPO4. Is there anyone who can walk me through the steps to make this all work?

  7. #7

    Re: Aria problems in Sonar X1

    Quote Originally Posted by musicmanern View Post
    I just got GPO4 and can't figure out how to make it work with Sonar X1. I'm sure I am missing a step somewhere. When I downloaded gpo, did I make a mistake during the download and installation? Help, I'm an old guy with an analog brain. I hope I didn't waste my time and money on GPO4. Is there anyone who can walk me through the steps to make this all work?
    Hi, Musicmanern - Sorry you're having trouble. GPO4 works fine with Sonar, so there's something wrong somewhere with your setup.

    We'll need more information - You asked if you made a mistake during the download and installation,--but we have no way of knowing if you did.

    Do you understand that GPO, and all the Garritan Libraries are hosted in Aria, the sample playback engine. When you want to use GPO in a project, it's Aria that you insert. Then once that's loaded, you go to the menu and start inserting the instruments you want.

    For now, that's my only guess - that you're looking for GPO to load in Sonar, when it's Aria you need to look for in your list of VST instruments.

    Randy

  8. #8

    Re: Aria problems in Sonar X1

    Thanks Randy for your prompt reply. I will check out what you suggested about inserting ARIA and let you know the results.
    Thanks again.

  9. #9

    Re: Aria problems in Sonar X1

    Hi Randy,
    You mentioned that when you want to use GPO in a project, it's Aria that you insert. Then once that's loaded, you go to the menu (what menu?) and start inserting the instruments you want. How do I do this? Do I work from SONAR or ARIA to insert the instruments for use in SONAR? I tried to find the path to use, but none of it makes sense to me. I found a list of instruments in the MIDI section of SONAR, but none of them are ARIA. Like I said, I have an analog brain.

  10. #10

    Re: Aria problems in Sonar X1

    Quote Originally Posted by musicmanern View Post
    Hi Randy,
    You mentioned that when you want to use GPO in a project, it's Aria that you insert. Then once that's loaded, you go to the menu (what menu?) and start inserting the instruments you want. How do I do this? Do I work from SONAR or ARIA to insert the instruments for use in SONAR? I tried to find the path to use, but none of it makes sense to me. I found a list of instruments in the MIDI section of SONAR, but none of them are ARIA. Like I said, I have an analog brain.
    Musicman--Is this the first time you have used Sonar with any softsynth?

    In the Insert menu in Sonar, Insert Softsynth, then go to VST, then choose Aria Player.

    You then have a couple different choices--audio track only, midi source track and audio track, or instrument track, something like that. If you already have your MIDI track, then I would choose audio track only. If not, choose one of the other two options.

    Then you should see the Aria player interface from which you can choose what instruments, etc. If you don't see that, look for it minimized at the bottom of the screen, and maximize it.

    First of all though, if you have not yet done so, read the part of the Sonar manual about inserting softsynthsl

Go Back to forum

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •