• Register
  • Help

Topic: Best Software to Buy/Download to Get Support Here

Share/Bookmark

Best Software to Buy/Download to Get Support Here

I'm not having much luck getting support for my problem using a GPO4/Cubase 5/M Audio Sono 88 combination so I wondered if I changed the software I use I'd have a chance of finding more people with experience in it who could offer help. Please could you chaps offer some suggestions?

And there isn't one out there for free on the net is there?!

Many thanks

DM
    New to GPO4 and recording multiple vst instruments in midi and NOT an expert of Cubase so probably won't miss it's advanced features.

Re: Best Software to Buy/Download to Get Support Here

LOL! 21 views and no suggestions. I have been working through the posts here and wonder if anyone would like to own up to running Reaper or having a reasonable knowledge of it with GPO?

DM
    Currently using GPO4, Windows 7 64 bit, 3GB, 2.20 GHz, Cubase 5, M Audio Sono ProKeys 88 keyboard and am new to recording in midi. Now struggling to get it to work in Reaper ......

There are many tutorials on the Garritan site. I believe that there is one for Cubase too.

JW

Thank you for responding. Sadly most of them are dead. Am trialling Reaper and it's forum right now.

Have come to the conclusion that this forum is pretty dead too, as are most of the support links from the appalingly set up Garritan website - makes one think that 'Gary Garritan' was just a made up name by some faceless conglomeration and GG too is six foot under.

DM
    Currently using GPO4, Windows 7 64 bit, 3GB, 2.20 GHz, Cubase 5, M Audio Sono ProKeys 88 keyboard and am new to recording in midi. Now struggling to get it to work in Reaper ......

It may also help if you have a particular question. To say you're having problems is one thing, but folks can probably better help you if you pose a specific question.
    Steve Winkler GPO4 JAAB3 Finale 2012 Reaper Windows 7 Pro 64-bit VSL SE+

Quote Originally Posted by Dormouse View Post
    I'm not having much luck getting support for my problem using a GPO4/Cubase 5/M Audio Sono 88 combination so I wondered if I changed the software I use I'd have a chance of finding more people with experience in it who could offer help. Please could you chaps offer some suggestions?

And there isn't one out there for free on the net is there?!

Many thanks

DM
    New to GPO4 and recording multiple vst instruments in midi and NOT an expert of Cubase so probably won't miss it's advanced features.
    I thought you wanted to change GPO to something else

I'd be happy to help with Reaper, but indeed try to ask specific questions or I will just say that GPO works perfectly well with Reaper.

The forum is slower than it has been in the past but it is also the time of year when many folks are busy with graduations, vacations, etc. I've been gone the past 2 weekends myself plus have many other family commitments going on.

Gary Garritan is very much alive and developing new products.

Make sure you read the GPO4 manual and also the Cubase manual on how to work with VSTi plugins.

Jim

Thank you for your responses. The Reaper forum has been fantastic and I have finally got both GPO4 and World Instruments up and running after 2 months struggling.

Swinkler: I did pose a more specific question else where but I didn't understand the one response I got so thought that Cubase was probably too complex for me at this stage.

I'm very pleased to hear Mr Garritan is alive and well and still developing as I'm sure my friend the musician will be keen to add to his collection.

DM

Go Back to forum