• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: New marching perc. library

Share/Bookmark

New marching perc. library

Just thought I would let everyone know that we are releasing a new marching percussion library tonight. This is not your fathers marching percussion sounds. Sean and I both have been involved in drum corps and these sounds are geared twoards that. Theres not going to be a huge production on these and to be honest they will be one off\'s. However the sounds are very well recorded and very thorough. We recorded them just for ourselves but figured that there was a pretty decent need for them by marching band/drum corps arrangers.

Sean should have the demos and ordering info up later tonight(http://www.dssoundware.com). The price is only $49.99 and it is one disc.

If anyone has any questions about these sounds please feel free to ask.

Donnie

Re: New marching perc. library

Hey Donnie!

Did you do samples of \'several\' players hitting simultaneously?

yes, everything is \"ensem\" sections.

Donnie

Ashley,

Very observant! Actually the heads are a mixture of both. What I mean by that is that the heads on the snares are \"black max\" heads by remo. They are part kevlar and part mylar. Best of both worlds!

Donnie

Howdy,

They sound pretty darned good in your demo sounds, but it seems to me that the snares are kevlar. Do you have any mylar marching snare sounds?

Thanks,
    Ashley

Hey I just made a .mp3 of a marching band chart that I just did. It\'s a pretty goovin\' piece. You can hear the marching percussion samples as well as some of the orch. perc. sounds.

Donnie
    http://www.dssoundware.com/sounds/RAINFOREST.mp3

Hey I just made a .mp3 of a marching band chart that I just did. It\'s a pretty goovin\' piece. You can hear the marching percussion samples as well as some of the orch. perc. sounds.

Donnie
    http://www.dssoundware.com/sounds/RAINFOREST.mp3

Hey Donnie,

Sounds super! Out of curiosity, what other samples are you using in your piece there besides your own percussion (the percussion really pops alive, btw) and what verb have you attached to the mix?

Ryan.

------------------
    Sonic Control
    www.soniccontrol.com
    Giga Users Network at
    www.soniccontrol.com/gigasampler/

Ryan,

Thanks for the compliment....

Here\'s the break down...

Trumpets: Miroslav section and AO solo trumpet

French Horns: Miroslav section. DD solo horn

Trombones: Miroslav section, DD solo trombone

Bass trombone: DD solo bass trombone

Tuba: Miroslav tuba, DD tuba

Donnie

I just listened to Donnie and Sean\'s marching percussion library. It is excellent. Nice left and light hand snares, excellent bass drums and tenor drums. Very nicely recorded. Great job you guys!

Dan Dean

Go Back to forum