• Register
  • Help

Topic: Kontakt 2 version of JABB problems

Share/Bookmark

Kontakt 2 version of JABB problems

The computer I've been using for 2 years suddenly took a nose dive. I've been struggling for some time to keep up with things online, but internet access has been spotty. BUT all that is changing - Yaaaaaaah!

New computer - biggest, fastest, bestest machine I've ever had, and I'm thrilled. BUT I'm going through major growing pains as I try to get everything on this new beast that I want.

Ideally, I'd love to have not only the current Aria versions of the Garritan Libraries, but also the Kontakt 2 versions. I use The Strad and the Gofriller, and they have to run in Kontakt, and so it's nifty when I can also have all the other Kontakt versions of Garritan sitting there at-the-ready in the menu.

I still have all the original installation discs for the libraries, like the 4 CD version of GPO! - I went about installing those again, but then I needed to upgrade them to the KP2 versions, because the original Kontakt Player that Garritan worked with was KP1 - something long gone - it appears to not even work anymore on Windows 7.

Difficulty - Through the Native Instrument site, I was able to get to my account info where I could still update everything. I easily got GPO to upgrade to the KP2 version. Same with Concert and Marching Band. BUT I haven't been able to upgrade JABB.

--Does anyone here have experience with upgrading JABB KP1 to JABB KP2? Maybe there's some magic formula I just haven't tried yet. I'll add that Native Instruments support has been very responsive to my problem. For several days there have been emails back and forth - they can't figure out what the problem is either.

My theory is that the update data for JABB was removed for some reason. Possible?-- When I get to the page where I can supposedly upgrade it, there's only yet another update for just KP2 - when I go through the motions of doing that, nothing new shows up in my NI Service Center - no upgrading of JABB happens.

In the dim past, I recall there being discussion about this - but I can't remember what the details are, can't find the posts.

SO - it's not the end of the world if I can't get the old version of JABB to work in KP2 - but it would be nifty if I could.

Any info?

Thanks.
    Randy

Re: Kontakt 2 version of JABB problems

There is a KP2 version of JABB which was named JABB_KP2_222U_Win.zip (or similar I suppose for MAC). There was also a separate serial number for the KP2 Version. You had to apply to either Garritan or Native Instruments to get it at the time. I would presume that you can contact Garritan Support or Native Instruments Support to get your serial number. I have mine saved in a gazillion places along with the KP2 version of the software.

Warren

I still have a copy of that update. If you need it, contact me, back channel.

Allegro Data Solutions

Quote Originally Posted by Warren Barnett View Post
    There is a KP2 version of JABB which was named JABB_KP2_222U_Win.zip (or similar I suppose for MAC). There was also a separate serial number for the KP2 Version. You had to apply to either Garritan or Native Instruments to get it at the time. I would presume that you can contact Garritan Support or Native Instruments Support to get your serial number. I have mine saved in a gazillion places along with the KP2 version of the software.

Warren
    Hi, Warren - Thanks for your reply.

I already have the serial number for my KP2 version of JABB. The problem is that even though I was able to upgrade both GPO and CoMB through the NI site, the same process doesn't work for JABB. The very nice and thorough NI tech support guy who responded to my emails couldn't figure it out either. It's just not working the way it should at my NI account page - giving the impression that the JABB data was removed at some point. And I suppose that's possible.

Ejr, thanks for your reply, I'll PM you.

Randy

Go Back to forum