• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: Never A Dull Moment

Share/Bookmark

Never A Dull Moment

This is a light jazz piece. It uses JABB horns. I hope you enjoy it.
    http://www.jesse.us.com/never_a_dull_moment.mp3
    Jay

Re: Never A Dull Moment

"...Wiktor's a Jekyll-Hyde personality..." - Lycos Music
    http://www.miserymadebeautiful.com
    "...Wiktor's a Jekyll-Hyde personality..." - Lycos Music
    http://www.miserymadebeautiful.com

Michael! I appreciate your taking time to listen and comment. I was aiming for some type of easy listening jazz tune and from you comment, it seems that it sounded like that to you.

Thanks for you input. Jay

Agree. Very light, refreshing and relaxing. Are the horns the only element of JABB used here?

John B.

Hi John! Thanks for listening. It was a while ago that I wrote this piece so I am not sure of where all of the instrumentation came from. I know that the horns are JABB fluglehorn, alto sax, tenor sax and I believe the bottom was JABB trombone. The percussion is a mix of a lot of sources, some GM hits, some hits from the internet and some hits from JABB. I have know idea where I got the bass from. The guitar is live.

Thanks again for your input. Jay

A very relaxing piece, and sounds very natural. You did a great job putting this together from those different sources.
    www.grahamplowman.com
    YouTube Music:
    My Channel
    Twitter:
    @GPComposer
    Facebook:
    Facebook

Thanks for the input plowking. I try to grab sounds wherever I can get them. I often download demos to see what they sound like and use them until the demo expires. There is so much great software out there but I just can't afford them all.
    I appreciate the listen. Jay

I admire your tenacity to download demos and keep doing so to get sounds together.

I know exactly what you mean about cost. Many libraries are overpriced, like a lot of professional software packages. DAW's are usually standard enough.

But I went with Finale in the end, which broke the bank for me, but it was worth it - felt justified afterwards which is a bit of a gamble. The demo was promising but I still wasn't sure after wasting time with sibelius. But with finales integration of GPO it was a lot of the technical side removed, and composing was fun again.

Keep up the good work.
    www.grahamplowman.com
    YouTube Music:
    My Channel
    Twitter:
    @GPComposer
    Facebook:
    Facebook

Thanks Plowking.

Jay

Thumbs up Re: Never A Dull Moment

Very cool! That's like I like it. Love to be playing the kit on this piece. Way too cool! That's jazz man!

Nice, very nice.
    Styxx

Go Back to forum
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast