• Register
  • Help

Topic: Hi there.

Hi there.

Hi: I recently upgraded GPO from version 1 to GPO4 and the Aria player. I did every thing by the book regarding installation, but every tima I try to load a sound, a window shows a message saying:
    Can't find audio file: E:/Personal Orchestra 4/ Samples/......
    I tried unistalling and reinstalling a few times already with no result.
    am I missing something here?

Any help will be much appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Re: Hi there.

Am I the only one with this problem?

Hi Irving and Welcome to the forum!

This doesn't sound like a problem I've heard before from other users and it's not happened to me either. You might try sending a message to info@garritan.com and let them know you're having some issues. I'm also bumping this up so other users can chime in and make suggestions. We'll get this working for you!

Gary A.
    Serenity Musician (Gary A.)

Lenovo, Windows 10 64 bit, 20 gig ram, 2 terabyte hd., M-Audio, Finale 25, Sonar

Sounds like you may have changed the install path during install, instead of using default?

I'm thinking that from the path you show in your post.

The default location is:

C:\Program Files\Garritan\Personal Orchestra 4\Instruments

Perhaps there is an issue there where it believes the instrument library is somewhere different?
    YouTube Music:
    My Channel

Check the registry entry for where Aria is looking for your samples. I have my samples set up on an external drive "S"

the entry in the registry is as follows
    PersonalOrchestra 4
    install_dir C:\Program Files\Garritan\Personal Orchestra 4
    sample_dir S:\Garritan Personal Orchestra 4

I did his on the initial install but it's easy to miss in all the various install windows. You can do this after the install by moving the samples anywhere you want then edit the registry entry to point to that drive/directory. Currently ARIA does not allow you to search for samples therefore the registry edit.

Go Back to forum