• Register
  • Help

Topic: Lullabye - Piano

Share/Bookmark

Lullabye - Piano

I wrote this the night my daughter was born, but don't believe I ever posted it. (that was 15 months ago)

I put it up now on alonetone/itunes

http://alonetone.com/gplowman/tracks...ye-for-rebecca
    www.grahamplowman.com
    YouTube Music:
    My Channel
    Twitter:
    @GPComposer
    Facebook:
    Facebook

Re: Lullabye - Piano

"...Wiktor's a Jekyll-Hyde personality..." - Lycos Music
    http://www.miserymadebeautiful.com
    "...Wiktor's a Jekyll-Hyde personality..." - Lycos Music
    http://www.miserymadebeautiful.com

Hi Graham, Thanks for sharing your Lullaby for Rebecca - it is a very pleasant piece!

Keep posting, best wishes, Antony B.

Thanks folks. Looking to be a very nice fathers day :-)

Yes I perform all the piano pieces myself. Just play them so no sequencing. Don't use finale on these as tying to write the score for them would be too time consuming. And they'd never play from finale the way I play them. It's the reason too that I've only one piece in finale with orchestra + piano together. Felt my playing was being stifled by finales playback because I had to time everything exactly for sequencing with the orchestra.

Cheers
    Graham
    www.grahamplowman.com
    YouTube Music:
    My Channel
    Twitter:
    @GPComposer
    Facebook:
    Facebook

Quote Originally Posted by Plowking View Post
    Thanks folks. Looking to be a very nice fathers day :-)

Yes I perform all the piano pieces myself. Just play them so no sequencing. Don't use finale on these as tying to write the score for them would be too time consuming. And they'd never play from finale the way I play them. It's the reason too that I've only one piece in finale with orchestra + piano together. Felt my playing was being stifled by finales playback because I had to time everything exactly for sequencing with the orchestra.

Cheers
    Graham
    Understand. You just wanted to let it flow. It comes through nicely.
    Beautiful tribute to your daughter. The sentiment from your heart come straight through.

John B.

Very nice Graham! I can feel and hear the emotions. I could really relate as I have two daughters, one of which I wrote a song for years later, which made her cry when she listened to it.

Make sure you keep this recording safe and give it to your daughter as a present when she is old enough to appreciate it (at least 45 years old) Seriously, about 18 or 19 if you can wait that long. She will only truly appreciate it when she has her own child of course but the relationship between a Dad and his daughter can be pretty deep. As they say, Daughters model their Mothers but bond with their Fathers and Sons do the opposite.

Del
    Music happens to be an art form that transcends language. - Herbie Hancock

http://www.mdtcommunications.com

Thank you for your comments Del, I think I have copies of this music in about 5 different places on the web and computers.

Have to agree a daughter is a great muse for sure. If I was to write something for her now, it'd be a playful, yet, grumpy piece! ;-)
    www.grahamplowman.com
    YouTube Music:
    My Channel
    Twitter:
    @GPComposer
    Facebook:
    Facebook

Aaaah, it's a really lovely Lullabye, Graham. Great source of inspiration, and we can hear how the sentiments you wanted to communicate just flowed out when you did this. So nice.

The only way something like this could be played to a metronome in the usual way of recording with a computer, would be to then program a huge load of tempo changes. Working in the other direction, in a program like Sonar, one can find where measures start in a free-time recording like this, mark them - and then the music can be notated correctly because regardless of the free-time nature of it, it's still all laid out correctly in measures.

Thanks for the beautiful post.

Randy

Go Back to forum