• Register
  • Help

Topic: You Wanted More

Share/Bookmark

You Wanted More

For Randy B (and anyone else who cares to listen).
    http://www.soundclick.com/bands/page...ongID=10763998
    Used JABB3 for horn section, piano & bass. Drums are Toontrack EZDrummer presets.

John B.

Re: You Wanted More

Quote Originally Posted by voclizr View Post
    For Randy B (and anyone else who cares to listen).
    http://www.soundclick.com/bands/page...ongID=10763998
    Used JABB3 for horn section, piano & bass. Drums are Toontrack EZDrummer presets.

John B.
    Now we're talkin' - John, I really appreciate you responding to my PM and changing your mind about keeping the link active. Responses aren't too plentiful across the board here, but it's still a place to share our music, and I say always display your wares proudly!

This track is sweeeet - Hope you don't mind the reference, but Christopher Cross came to mind while listening - And I mean that in a Good way. Like him, you have what I think is an interesting and unique style which comes through especially in your melody line. I really like the smooth, jazzy turns that melody takes.

And you certainly put the JABB brass to good use, and that piano too.

What are you using for these pop/synth strings? Curious.

THANK you - Maybe more people will dial into SoundClick now to see what you're up to.

Randy

Re: You Wanted More

Thanks Randy!

No problem at all with the Chris Cross compare. I'm a fan of his and I wish I had his vocal range. He, as many others has been a great influence on my style of writing.

The synths-One is a plug-in called Messiah which, I believe is modeled after the old classic Prophet 5 analogue synth designed my Sequential Circuits. This is the one playing at the intro. The "Lead guitar solo" was a Yellow Tools model which came with the instrument library of Samplitude which is the sequencer/recording program I use.

Thanks again. I'll continue to post here as long as I know that at least you will listen.

John B.

Go Back to forum