• Register
  • Help

Topic: Steinway Basic not recongizing ARIA Player mixer levels

Share/Bookmark

Question Steinway Basic not recongizing ARIA Player mixer levels

No matter what track I load it on and what level it's at, it doesn't change the volume like other GPO, JABB and WI instruments do. I have Steinway Basic 1.04 with ARIA Player v1.111 on Windows 7 x64. Anyone else notice this? Feature or bug? Workarounds?

Schroeder
    "You know, Lois, I'm really not comfortable talking about this amelodically." - Brian the Dog

Re: Steinway Basic not recongizing ARIA Player mixer levels

The Steinway will not respond to CC1 messages (modulation) for volume control like the strings, brass or woodwinds in GPO. The piano in GPO is the same way as the Steinway.

You should be able to control the volume using CC7.

Jim

Haydn, thanks for the reply. I understand CC1 doesn't apply to pianos and percussion, but I was actually referring to CC7. In SONAR I loaded up both the ARIA x64 VST with GPO4's Steinway Piano and the Steinway x64 VST. The ARIA x64 responds to CC7, but the Steinway x64 does not. I'm hoping that I'm just missing something here.

Schroeder
    "You know, Lois, I'm really not comfortable talking about this amelodically." - Brian the Dog

I'm using Sonar also. I just control the volume for the Steinway VST using the volume control for the audio channel of the plugin. So I've never found a reason to change the volume within the VST.

There is no display for the output level in the Steinway VST. I think one of the issues with using volume inside the Steinway VST is that if you add more level, you will probably end up with distortion on the highest veloctiy layers. The Steinway has a large dynamic range!

Jim

Go Back to forum