• Register
  • Help

Topic: Best way to promote our music...

Share/Bookmark

Best way to promote our music...

Hello to all. I'm a new member, and have realized that each composer has chosen a different way to promote his/her music on the web: videos on Youtube or Vimeo, using Box, Dropbox, Soundcloud, Viinyl, etc, etc, etc. So, maybe it would be interesting to discuss here what's the best choice for new composers to promote their music, I'm sure we can learn one with each other and maybe finding new ways to spread our music...

Cheers from Brazil!

Re: Best way to promote our music...

Well, I very much enjoy sticking a picture alongside my pieces, so I haven't chosen something absolutely audio-based. I use youtube. Even with all it's faults, such as the awful flagging system, it is the only video site I would bother using. Unless I've got an arty film, I don't really see the point of vimeo. Maybe I've been doing it wrong all this time

Quote Originally Posted by JSwerling View Post
    Well, I very much enjoy sticking a picture alongside my pieces, so I haven't chosen something absolutely audio-based. I use youtube. Even with all it's faults, such as the awful flagging system, it is the only video site I would bother using. Unless I've got an arty film, I don't really see the point of vimeo. Maybe I've been doing it wrong all this time
    Agree with you, Youtube is my choice. Easy to manage, you can have image/picture with it and anyone can easily access the material...

There are many ways to promote music. I think that videos along with the audio is best mode to promote it. I am agree with it that Youtube plays a vital role in music & also posting the music site links in social sites like facebook & twitter will increase its promoion as there, more users will like it.

Go Back to forum