• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: Keyswitch issue

Share/Bookmark

Keyswitch issue

I am using GPO/ARIA, and running it through Sibelius. All works well, except and I can't get up/down bows on the KS instruments. I understand that it can't be made to happen via text like pizz/arco (which work just fine), but inserting the keyswitch pitches don't have any effect. I can get the sounds if I open up the ARIA interface, and use the drop-down menu on the lower left, but that is not optimal, obviously. Any thoughts?

As always, thanks in advance.

Happy 4th!
    Ron Pearl

ronaldmpearl.com

myspace:

http://myspace.com/rmpearl

Re: Keyswitch issue

Hi rpearl,

I use the 4th keypad layout to add downbows etc. directly on the notes in the score.There are other useful articulations here as well. If you want to add KS notes you have to add the pitch for the particular effect and then hide it. I've added the KS pitch by choosing a different voice in the keypad, putting in the pitch of the KS articulation and then hiding it with ctrl+shift+H. The new articulation lasts until you put a new KS pitch in. I'm not an expert on doing it that way though, as I usually choose the KS instruments and notate the articulations in the score.

If you need help with Sibelius and using Aria the sibelius.com website forum is full of info and expert help. There also tutorials here at Garritan.

Hope this helps and good luck
    yjoh

Music... A Joy For Life.

Thanks - but that is exactly what I have done: added the keyswitch note, hidden it, etc. As far as I could tell, adding the articulations didn't have any effect; perhaps I need to do them all in conjunction. But I am glad to hear you can get it to work - I'll just keep trying.

Appreciate the help!

All the best,
    Ron Pearl

ronaldmpearl.com

myspace:

Quote Originally Posted by rpearl View Post
    Thanks - but that is exactly what I have done: added the keyswitch note, hidden it, etc. As far as I could tell, adding the articulations didn't have any effect; perhaps I need to do them all in conjunction. But I am glad to hear you can get it to work - I'll just keep trying.

Appreciate the help!

All the best,
    Sorry that the KS is not working. I done some experimenting, I don't know if this will help but here's what I've found. You probably know all this anyway but here goes..

The KS pitches only work for me with the KS instruments.
    eg. Vln Plr1 wont work but Vln Plr1 KS does, but the pitches are really low if using the notation set. eg C-1 for sustain. All the KS pitches are below the visible virtual keyboard.
    As I raise the pitch of the KS note I can see the articulations changing in the bottom left Aria panel. The KS notes for the notation set seem to be 3 octaves lower than the standard set.

If I use the standard set the KS pitches match the ones visible in the red area of the virtual keyboard. The sustain for eg. is now C2. If I add my KS note the articulation changes and I don't have so many leger lines to contend with thank goodness.

Hope it all starts working for you. Someone is sure to have a solution.

Best of luck!
    yjoh

Music... A Joy For Life.

Thanks for the support. I can get the keyswitches to work in Garageband - the red area on the ARIA keyboard shows the "live" pitches. In Sibelius, however, the red area is gray, like all the other out-of-range notes. Not sure why. Are you running Sib 6?

Thanks - and I will keep trying!

All the best,
    Ron Pearl

ronaldmpearl.com

myspace:

I'm running Sib 6 as well and the red area is gray if I've loaded the notation set of sounds, the ones with n before the names. These are the pitches that are seem to be 3 octaves lower than the live red area ones. (they don't show up on the keyboard it stays gray and appear to be out of range.)

If you then put in the keyswitch notes in Sib there are lots of leger lines, but keep dragging the pitch down and hopefully you will see the different articulations changing in the Aria panel even though the actual virtual keyboard doesn't show them.

If I load in the "normal" standard set of sounds (without the n before the names)these do have a red area in the Aria panel and there are less leger lines. These work for me in Sib 6. as keyswitch notes.

Hope this helps. Good luck!
    yjoh

Music... A Joy For Life.

Yes!! It worked. It was going down that extra octave (or two) that did it. In the past - at least as I recall - the keyswitch notes were not that far, i.e., they were just out of range of the samples. But this worked. Thank you so much!

Hope at some point I can return the favor.

All the best,
    Ron Pearl

ronaldmpearl.com

myspace:

Yes!! It worked. It was going down that extra octave (or two) that did it. In the past - at least as I recall - the keyswitch notes were not that far, i.e., they were just out of range of the samples. But this worked. Thank you so much!

All the best,
    Glad to have been able to help. That's the great thing about forums, someone always has an answer.

Happy music making!
    yjoh

Music... A Joy For Life.

G’day yjoh,

For a while, the forum has been fairly inactive. It is good to see forum members supporting and helping each other again. Full marks to you.

I noticed you saying:

“… someone always has an answer.”

Please help. Anybody? - I need to figure out how to find exactly $994 904.16 until Friday morning, to buy a very special gift for a great artist, my wife. You can PM me if its suits you better.

Best wishes,

Herbert

PS: J S Bach is dead, W A Mozart is dead and even the great Ludwig is dead, so what, … I am still alive.
    GPO, JABB, CMB, GWI, GOFRILLER, HALION PLAYER, ACCORDIONS by E Tarilonte
    Cubase 6, Notation Composer, VSTHost, GoldWave audio editor.

Interests:
    Good Food, Gemütlichkeit, Wein Weib und Gesang – History, Politics, Civil Law –
    Electronics, Software Development, Physics – Plant Physiology, Creative Horticulture –
    Photography, Painting, Wood Working - Midi Orchestration, Music, Music, und Musik …

All the best,
    This is an older stream but I see the red area for the keyswitch in Aria but my keyboard doesn't go that low? Is there a way to reassign keyswitches? I don't see a way to change the octave on my keyboard Alesis QS7.1?

Go Back to forum