• Register
  • Help

Topic: how to update for mol 3

Share/Bookmark

Exclamation how to update for mol 3

I just migrated Logic 9 to a new iMac because my G5 Quad finally failed. I bought a new version of MoL. Can't get it working.

Someone told me I need to update my Gigastudio 3 for MoL3 but I don't see how/where to do it.

Can anyone help me with that please? Urgent! Job due! Nearly past deadline!

Consider me a newbie - I usually have techie people do this stuff for me, so I don't necessarily know everything I probably should, even though I've been using Logic and Giga for years.

Other info in case it's helpful:
    * Very simple setup: 1 giga machine, 1 iMac with Logic. Really only use 4 ports from Giga.
    * MoL monitor ports are lit green.
    * The Mol ports show up in logic and I've assigned midi tracks to them.
    * Triggering with midi controller does not trigger Logic's midi out indicator nor the MoL monitor lights
    * Testing them in the control panel flashes the lights but produces no sound.

Desha
    (d-SHAY)
    desha.dunnahoe@gmail.com

Re: how to update for mol 3

Probably best to get help from MusicLabs, or try a different product like LoopBe (you can download a trail copy)

There's no way to update Giga.

update:

Okay, so all the midi is triggering is fine now (triggers the MoL indicator lights and Logic's midi indicator), it's just the "no sound" coming from Giga issue.

What should I have done with Giga to begin with upon purchasing MoL? If someone could step-by-step that, maybe I can see what's wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by wcreed View Post
    Probably best to get help from MusicLabs, or try a different product like LoopBe (you can download a trail copy)

There's no way to update Giga.
    Thanks - I've submitted for support.

I know it's going to be something really easy. Still looking for help in the meantime if anybody has thoughts for me.

Go Back to forum