I posted this on Gearslutz but I'm not sure if I'll get a response, so I thought I'd post it here too:

I bought protools 8 LE a while ago but only installed it recently. I have it on 2 different computers and on both, I've been having the same problem.

I have my midi go out from my M-box to a computer with Kontakt on it. When I record my first midi track everything works fine. Recording a second midi track, however, there seem to be rhythmic issues, in that some of the notes that I play get routed with varying degrees of delay so that the rhythm sounds strange while I'm playing it, although it doesn't record that way.

I've tried muting the previously recorded midi track in protools and this fixes the problem. However, muting it in Kontakt does NOT fix the problem, so I know it's not down to my playing (and I never had this problem with 7.4). When I mute the other track in Kontakt, so protools is still outputting midi from the first track, then hit play, and start playing on the keyboard it becomes very obvious that the rhythm protools is playing does not match up with the rhythm that my fingers are hitting the keys.

This only happens when protools is in playback (or record) mode, however. And no, it is not related to my playing not matching up with the click track, since I have the problem whether or not the click track is muted, and it ONLY occurs during playback and record after another midi track has been recorded.

I've had this issue on two different computers, as I said before, and only after upgrading to 8. Has anyone else had this issue and does anyone know how to fix it?