• Register
  • Help

Topic: Stylus RMX Groove Elements as Ableton Live Clips?

Stylus RMX Groove Elements as Ableton Live Clips?

I'm having trouble finding the answer in the tutorials and user guide so figured I'd ask here:

I have created a suite in Stylus RMX with a dozen or so grooves, all from different suites in the RMX user library. What I'd like to do is have each of these grooves as a clip in Ableton Live.

When I try dragging and dropping these grooves into Ableton Live, the clips no longer play the correct elements. I tried setting up multiple MIDI and Audio channels in Ableton, following the tutorial, but I can't figure out how to use this configuration to have each clip in Ableton Live play the correct elements, just as they do in Stylus.

I know there is probably a complicated way to do this, but is there a smooth workflow solution to be able to load up multiple Stylus clips from different suites into Live and have them all play just as they do when triggered from Stylus?

Red face Re: Stylus RMX Groove Elements as Ableton Live Clips?

I answered my own question--just as I thought, I was overlooking the obvious. All I needed to do was record audio clips of groove elements. Easy fast and very very cool. In case anyone else is wondering.

Go Back to forum