• Register
  • Help

Topic: Symphony IV. Finale Allegro con spirito

Share/Bookmark

Symphony IV. Finale Allegro con spirito

I'd like to present to you the work which occupied me in the last 3 months:

The final movement in C-Major of my symphony in classical style:
    The exposition is very bright whereas the development is more a kind of mystical and passionate. The structure is:
    - Exposition 0:00
    - Development 4:46
    - Recapitultaion 6:09
    - Coda 10:16

www.gerdprengel.de/symph-4.mp3

www.gerdprengel.de/Symph4.pdf (score)

I hope it will speak to you ...

Gerd

Re: Symphony IV. Finale Allegro con spirito

This piece is packed with some really great ideas! I wish I had thought of some of them myself.

Wonderful entertainment! Thank you.
    Arvid Hand
    Theory-Comp./Piano
    ASCAP

ah, Gerd - This is simply wonderful. Impressive in its composition as well as in its rendering. It's just great to hear the Garritan instruments get such a thorough and well-informed work out.

I haven't been in The Listening Room for a long time, so I'm not familiar with what you may have been saying about your work. Do you work in a notation program?

Allow me one note - I feel the brass is a bit out of proportion, a bit louder than it could be?

Thoroughly delightful to listen to. Thanks so much for letting us hear.

Randy

Hi Randy,
    thank you for your kind remarks!
    You ask whether I work with a notation programm. Yes, I work with Finale 2008.
    Regarding the volume of the brass instruments - I will listen to the piece again and will consider your impression.Do you think of certain passages? So far I thought it is ok and it is the nature of trumpets to be loud. I just thought that in the beginning the trumpets are to limited on the notes of C which I should change.

I want to remark that the main theme is taken (with a little alteration) from a Beethoven sketch (4 measures) for a 4th movement for the 10th symphony from the year 1822. To me it is one of Beethoven's most jubilent themes and it was a special joy for me to dig this out and develop it in my movement as I have done it already for the first 3 movements of my symphony with other sketches.

Gerd

Go Back to forum