• Register
  • Help

Topic: stylus: how to find a loop-sound as one-shot in 'sound menue'?

Share/Bookmark

stylus: how to find a loop-sound as one-shot in 'sound menue'?

i found a preset-loop i like.
    it's the '143 mind bender drums' with huge hits with lots of reverb i want to use, move and extract.

to modify the pattern i set stylus to 'slice menu midi mode' where i can arrange all the notes and hits. but the big reverb seems to be coming from the sample and not the rack-fx. even when i lengthen the slice, the reverb is cut short.

what is the solution to this?

how can i quickly find the exact sound from a preset-loop in the 'sound menue' as a one shot sample?

your help is greatly appreciated

Re: stylus: how to find a loop-sound as one-shot in 'sound menue'?

While some of the sounds from the loop might be duplicated in the sound menus it is not necessarily so, so i wouldt waste time trying to find the same sound from the loop there.
    One reason why RMX loops sound so great even when the tempo is slowed down is the fact that Spectrasonics went to great length separating the reverb tails of hits into separate slices.
    I havent looked at the particular loop that you are talking about but chances are that the reverbtail is on the adjacent key right next to the one that houses the original hit.
    You need to chain these two notes together in order to get the same big sound.

hope this is helpful for you
    good luck and Namaste!

thank you for replying!

the problem is, that in the next slice there is already a next hit of another drum (in conjunction with the reverb...)

What you can do is what I do in this situation - isolate that sample, either by rendering it to audio, or openign it in another instance of Stylus, and add some similiar reverb to the sample so that the tail keeps going. You may need to automate the verb; ie, so there isn't too much at first, you may need to fade in the verb after the sample start. A little effort and you can get it.

Cheers.

Go Back to forum