• Register
  • Help

Topic: Sibelius 7 & GPO4

Share/Bookmark

Sibelius 7 & GPO4

I've installed Sibelius 7, but where's GPO4? I can't seem to be able to add GPO4 in my Playback options. Only Sibelius 6 Essentials. I've not installed Sibelius 7 Sounds yet. Got to free up 40GB first.

Any ideas on whether GPO4 works with Sibelius 7?

My system: OSX 10.6.8 4GB iMac

Cheers,

John

Re: Sibelius 7 & GPO4

You should probably ask on the Sibelius forum. I'm on Windows rather than Mac so I don't know the Mac details (and have forgotten the Windows details for that matter), but I got GPO4 to work with the Sib7 demo version.

You have to tell Sibelius where the GPO4 libraries and interfaces are, and you have to copy the GPO4 soundset into wherever Sib7 keeps its soundsets. (I had forgotten that 2nd step for a while.)

Pat

Daniel Spreadbury at Sibelius states that GPO is no longer included with Sibelius. But, if you have a full version of GPO orchestra, you can probably use it with a VST plug in.

Richard

Quote Originally Posted by rwayland View Post
    Daniel Spreadbury at Sibelius states that GPO is no longer included with Sibelius. But, if you have a full version of GPO orchestra, you can probably use it with a VST plug in.
    Richard
    You can remove that "probably". You can use GPO (at least GPO4) with Sibelius 7.
    There are 2 steps to set this up:

1. Point Sibelius to the GPO vstplugins "folder. In Sib6 look at
          Play->Playback devices->Audio Engine Options->Virtual Instruments and Effects Folder
          Take whatever you have there and add it to whatever is in the Sib7
          Play->Setup->Playback devices->Audio Engine Options->Virtual Instruments and Effects Folder
          (You can have multiples in Sib7.)
        2. Copy your Sib6 Playback Configurations into the Sib7 Playback Configurations folder. The location of these folders is, unfortunately, operating system dependent. In Windows7 they are in
          C:\Users\<userid>\AppData\Roaming\Sibelius Software\Sibelius 6
          and
          C:\Users\<userid>\AppData\Roaming\Avid\Sibelius 7
          They will obviously have a different paths in On a Mac but you should be able to find them. Copy anything in the Sib6 Playback Configuration folder that is not already in the Sib7 folder.

After you do that (and restart Sibelius 7) you'll have access to GPO.

Pat

Go Back to forum