• Register
  • Help

Topic: Omni-TR with multiple instances of Omnisphere

Share/Bookmark

Omni-TR with multiple instances of Omnisphere

Hey Spectra-folk, just wondering what the suggested method is for dealing with Omni-TR with multiple instances of Omnisphere in you song. So far the only method I've found is to return to your home screen on the ipad and then enter the Omni-Tr app again, at which point it gives the option of what instance to connect to, but it's not always easy to know which one is which because it just calls them "computer name" and then "computer name (01)", "computer name (02)" etc.

Is there any function I'm missing in Omni TR to go between instances?

Also, are there any plans to improve the ability to go between controlling different instances? Even a button with the ability to return to the connection screen and the ability to name it based on the instance name (multi name perhaps or first preset) would be super helpful.

thanks

Re: Omni-TR with multiple instances of Omnisphere

Yes, that's currently the way to switch which Omnisphere you're controlling, but we'll look into simplifying that procedure in a future update. In the mean time, the numbers indicate the order in which Omnisphere was loaded into your host. So the first one in your host's track list will be number 1, etc.

- Glenn
    Glenn O
    Spectrasonics

Thanks Glenn.

What would really great would be if it controlled whatever instance you currently have focus on (whichever one is open), like how automap works. The option to lock control to any given one would be important in that case.

cheers

I've read in the documentation that in Windows only first Omnisphere instance can be controlled by Omni TR. Besides the fact I can't undestand why, I've tried to disable the 'Accept Omni TR connection' on the first instance to get control of the second. But Omni TR continues to connect to first instance.
    Why?

Go Back to forum