• Register
  • Help

Topic: Assigning midi channels in GPO 4

Share/Bookmark

Assigning midi channels in GPO 4

I have just purchased GPO 4 and am using it with Sonar X1. After using an earlier edition of GPO there is a new learning curve with the Aria player. I simply cannot figure out how to assign each instrument to a separate midi channel so I can separate the strings out in individual track views. I don't necessarily need them to be routed to a different output as I can use the Aria mixer, so assigning midi is my goal right now. I understand how to set the midi channel from the manual but it simply will not play any other midi channel except channel one. What am I missing here?

Re: Assigning midi channels in GPO 4

Quote Originally Posted by UltimateVibe View Post
    I have just purchased GPO 4 and am using it with Sonar X1. After using an earlier edition of GPO there is a new learning curve with the Aria player. I simply cannot figure out how to assign each instrument to a separate midi channel so I can separate the strings out in individual track views. I don't necessarily need them to be routed to a different output as I can use the Aria mixer, so assigning midi is my goal right now. I understand how to set the midi channel from the manual but it simply will not play any other midi channel except channel one. What am I missing here?
    What is your host? If you use the "Multi" version of Aria VST you can have them routed to different output.
    If you look at this http://www.dv247.com/assets/news/dv2...ritan-GPO4.jpg, you will see the "1/2" and "01" stuff under all tracks. "1/2" sets the audio output channel (only useful with the Multi version), and "01" sets the MIDI input channel.

Re: Assigning midi channels in GPO 4

thanks I figured it out!

Go Back to forum