• Register
  • Help

Topic: GPO4 instrument load problem

Share/Bookmark

GPO4 instrument load problem

after some time away from gpo and a move to a new computer, i can't load any instruments.

when i click on an empty slot in aria the menu lists "empty, "import", and "reload". i can select "import" and manually select an instrument (sfz) file, but i get a long error message and it won't load correctly.

error message:

"instrument parser
    macro $bend_down not defined!
    more in log file"

on a macbook pro, snow leopard, ableton live 8.2.2 as host.

Re: GPO4 instrument load problem

Éric Patenaude, Plogue Art et Technologie Inc.
    Montreal. http://www.plogue.com

will give it a try. thanks for the quick response!

that didn't work. i forgot to mention though that i have the new computer set up with two internal hard drives. system on one, samples on the other...so i probably messed up the file paths. where should the "Garritan Personal Orchestra 4" folder reside, and/or is there a way to change the file path so it can use the current location?

Hi scientist,

Have you migrated your files or re-installed?

With the current GPO version, samples, SFZs, and all GPO-related files are installed in the same folder (by default: Applications folder, but you can change the location during the installation process). It simply won't work otherwise. Editing the preference files so it directs ARIA to the chosen samples path may be possible but the chances of messing everything up are even greater. My advice would be to erase the GPO files and to re-install from scratch, choosing to put the Personal Orchestra folder on your external hard drive.
    Éric Patenaude, Plogue Art et Technologie Inc.
    Montreal. http://www.plogue.com

alrighty, i'll reinstall from scratch. thanks again for the help!

Go Back to forum