• Register
  • Help

Topic: I`m new to Sibelius 6 and Jazz & Big Band 3 - ties not playing.

Share/Bookmark

I`m new to Sibelius 6 and Jazz & Big Band 3 - ties not playing.

Windows XP.
    Hi. Have set up 2 instances of Aria in Sib 6 loading the lite big band. After inputting to 8 brass
    one note to each of the bass tr, 3rd, 2nd, 1st, trpt 4, 3, 2, 1, then applying a tie to each note carrying over to the following two bars to make an 8 part sustained chord.
    I click play and all the notes sound correctly, but they end as soon as the first tie is reached and I hear silence.
    It`s probably something simple but please advise how to correct this. I`m right at the beginning of these two softwares. Is there a tutorial anywhere explaining the first steps with JaBB 3?
    Many thanks, Tony.

Re: I`m new to Sibelius 6 and Jazz & Big Band 3 - ties not playing.

Tony,

If you are getting sound, then you are on your way. I can't dianose the problem without seeing the score, but do this: go o the Sibelius site (if you haven't already), and post your question, and - this is important - the troublesome passage in your Sib file. You'll have an answer very shortly.

Also, make sure you are using ties, and not slurs - they hvae two different effects in playback.
    Ron Pearl

ronaldmpearl.com

myspace:

http://myspace.com/rmpearl

Quote Originally Posted by rpearl View Post
    Tony,

If you are getting sound, then you are on your way. I can't dianose the problem without seeing the score, but do this: go o the Sibelius site (if you haven't already), and post your question, and - this is important - the troublesome passage in your Sib file. You'll have an answer very shortly.

Also, make sure you are using ties, and not slurs - they hvae two different effects in playback.
    I`ll do this, thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony Wakefield View Post
    I`ll do this, thank you.
    I now have this sorted. I have to make sure I load the appropriate sound set; i.e. in this case:
    Ensemble, Big Band 4 lite.

Thank you.

Go Back to forum