• Register
  • Help

Topic: Half, Double time in Stylus RMX

Share/Bookmark

Half, Double time in Stylus RMX

There is just one thing that bothers me about Stylus RMX . .

When auditioning sounds, the "half" and "double" speed buttons are of course very useful. But i find that if i say audition a sound and then press the half speed button, then I go to audition another sound, the speed has doubled back up again. In other words, i have to press the "half" button every time I audition a new sound. Is there no setting to make the "half" and "double" setting stick until adjusted again? Really maddening if you want to audition a hundred loops at a deliberately slow tempo . .

I brought this up with Spectrasonics 3 years ago, and it was suggested, but I guess it "Died in Committee". Just tried bringing it up again, and was told there was no plans to implement it.

Any one else maddened by this? i also use Addictive Drums a lot, and a similar feature works beautifully in that program. Anyone got any smart workarounds?

Re: Half, Double time in Stylus RMX

Quote Originally Posted by mpmusicny View Post
    Just tried bringing it up again, and was told there was no plans to implement it.
    It sounds like some kind of misunderstanding. That's not true.
    Glenn O
    Spectrasonics

Quote Originally Posted by mpmusicny View Post
    There is just one thing that bothers me about Stylus RMX . .

When auditioning sounds, the "half" and "double" speed buttons are of course very useful. But i find that if i say audition a sound and then press the half speed button, then I go to audition another sound, the speed has doubled back up again. In other words, i have to press the "half" button every time I audition a new sound. Is there no setting to make the "half" and "double" setting stick until adjusted again? Really maddening if you want to audition a hundred loops at a deliberately slow tempo . .

I brought this up with Spectrasonics 3 years ago, and it was suggested, but I guess it "Died in Committee". Just tried bringing it up again, and was told there was no plans to implement it.

Any one else maddened by this? i also use Addictive Drums a lot, and a similar feature works beautifully in that program. Anyone got any smart workarounds?
    +1 Would be a really useful addition.

This was on the suggestion list a couple of years ago. Really wish it had been implemented.

Quote Originally Posted by GlennO View Post
    It sounds like some kind of misunderstanding. That's not true.
    Well, . . . that would be great

I agree. I wish the same.

Go Back to forum