• Register
  • Help

Topic: Same samples?

Same samples?

I recently upgraded (at last!) from the original Garritan Personal Orchestra to GPO 4. I've only had a brief dip into it and I like the new Aria Player already, however - I'm not very impressed with some of the solo string samples. Some of the few I've had chance to try sound quite synthetic, nowhere near as realistic as my original GPO. Are the samples the same or have they been re-recorded or reduced somehow?
    I am using the version I downloaded which is heavily compressed and zipped, but I also bought the disc which has just arrived. Would it be advisable to reload from the disc, would it make any difference.
    Hoping one of you technical geniuses can help and thanking you in advance - Paul

I also upgraded computer, DAW and soundcard so everything is brand new -
    Acer i3 3.2ghz quad core, 6Gb Ram, Roland Quad Capture USB card, Cakewalk Sonar X1.

Just a quick afterthought - would I be able to use the samples from the original GPO if they are different?

Re: Same samples?

Hey Paul: I think you are in the wrong forum. This one is specifically for Garritan Orchestral Strings. Discussions about GPO take place elsewhere.

Go Back to forum