• Register
  • Help

Topic: The Bare Witch Project

Share/Bookmark

The Bare Witch Project

G' day Lads!

Well, I am now able to say I am back to creating animated films, after an absence of over 5 years. This all came about because of having to buy a new computer. With the new computer, I am able to operate newer 3D software and get used to the process again. All the principals of 3D animation still hold, just as they did 10 years ago when I started working with it. You can basically animate just about any parameter, over a time-line, using "key-frames", which act as little bits of DNA, telling the program that at a particular moment, the following parameters will change. I am using an animation program called iclone PRO v4. Besides incorporating many features, like the text to speech functions I used on this video, iclone offers real time previewing. This speeds up the work-flow and improves results, because you can setup a scene, press play and watch it unfold. Another great thing with iclone, is that it has the ability to run multiple cameras at once, in the same scene. Further, you can then switch from camera to camera, as the scene unfolds and it is seamless. Animating the camera switching is a great leap forward, and adds a lot to the overall production value. This little vignette takes place at night, so it is rather darkish. I used the GPO4 and a little added 3rd party choir for the soundtrack. Cubase has a little pop-up window that displays video, so you can record inside the DAW, while getting the cues, in real time, by watching the movie play.
    There is an explanation for the provocative title. In the original version, the "witch" was bare naked!! - but then, careful reconsideration compelled me to put a fur body-suit on her, but backed-off from changing the title to "The Bear Witch Project", because in spite of the fur suit, she doesn't look like any bears I know.

Best regards,
    sd cisco

Re: The Bare Witch Project

Well, now Sd - That's coming back with quite a wow! I have to say I rather envy your possession of iclone - I have the most humble of programs from that company, Crazy Talk, and I have fun with it, but it would be nice to have full body animation available.

But HEY now--I was ripped off! The title is "The Bare Witch Project," and yet you said, "...In the original version, the "witch" was bare naked!! - but then, careful reconsideration compelled me to put a fur body-suit on her..." WHY? We're all adults, we're all artists - we can Bare with a bit of Bareness now can't we?

Fun piece of work - I can tell you had great fun putting this together.

Randy

Quote Originally Posted by sd cisco View Post
    G' day Lads!

Well, I am now able to say I am back to creating animated films, after an absence of over 5 years. This all came about because of having to buy a new computer. With the new computer, I am able to operate newer 3D software and get used to the process again. All the principals of 3D animation still hold, just as they did 10 years ago when I started working with it. You can basically animate just about any parameter, over a time-line, using "key-frames", which act as little bits of DNA, telling the program that at a particular moment, the following parameters will change. I am using an animation program called iclone PRO v4. Besides incorporating many features, like the text to speech functions I used on this video, iclone offers real time previewing. This speeds up the work-flow and improves results, because you can setup a scene, press play and watch it unfold. Another great thing with iclone, is that it has the ability to run multiple cameras at once, in the same scene. Further, you can then switch from camera to camera, as the scene unfolds and it is seamless. Animating the camera switching is a great leap forward, and adds a lot to the overall production value. This little vignette takes place at night, so it is rather darkish. I used the GPO4 and a little added 3rd party choir for the soundtrack. Cubase has a little pop-up window that displays video, so you can record inside the DAW, while getting the cues, in real time, by watching the movie play.
    There is an explanation for the provocative title. In the original version, the "witch" was bare naked!! - but then, careful reconsideration compelled me to put a fur body-suit on her, but backed-off from changing the title to "The Bear Witch Project", because in spite of the fur suit, she doesn't look like any bears I know.

Best regards,
    sd cisco

Re: The Bare Witch Project

http://youtu.be/z8CKY2whSTQRandy;
    You said, " WHY? We're all adults, we're all artists - we can Bare with a bit of Bareness now can't we? "
    The answer is, yes you can! But any lesser a figure than you would not have succeeded with such a request. But since you are the Moderator hereabouts, you get your wish!! But please, try to pay attention to the MUSIC, as you watch, OK? Also, I tried out Crazy Talk and had a great time raising the rankles of various and sundry friends and relatives, by making them look comical and say preposterous things, it was a hoot!! Sooner or later Reallusion will make me an offer I can't refuse! But they are clever marketers all the same and just about every add-on you might have thought was included turns out to be extra $$$. Oh well, what's it for anyway!
    .S.

PS this should work, sorry, but i had the "Private" setting on You Tube, I must name the viewers who can view, instead of the in between setting, which allows only those with the link to view (you all!)
    .S.

Go Back to forum