• Register
  • Help

Topic: Garritan Studio

Share/Bookmark

Garritan Studio

I have lost Garritan Studio from my PC after a hard drive replacement. 2 questions:

1. Can I still download a copy anywhere so I can run my orignal versions of GPO & JABB?

2. I can't create an account at Garritan home because you have to buy or register a product first - they only allow online registartion for the the later ARIA versions. How do I get them to recognise that I have bought GPO JABB and Concert & Marching Band and make me eligible for free downloads?

any help much appreciated

cheers

Pete
    Pete Canter

Re: Garritan Studio

Quote Originally Posted by Pete Canter View Post
    I have lost Garritan Studio from my PC after a hard drive replacement. 2 questions:

1. Can I still download a copy anywhere so I can run my orignal versions of GPO & JABB?

2. I can't create an account at Garritan home because you have to buy or register a product first - they only allow online registartion for the the later ARIA versions. How do I get them to recognise that I have bought GPO JABB and Concert & Marching Band and make me eligible for free downloads?

any help much appreciated

cheers

Pete
    Hi, Pete - The Garritan Studio you're asking about is very old technology at this point, and no longer supported. Once Native Instruments came out with Kontakt Player 2, the Garritan Studio was no longer needed, because KP2 supports 16 separate outs - the main point of G Studio.

But now times have moved on again, and Garritan now has its own sampler player, Aria, which replaces the 3rd party KP2. From your post, I think you're aware of that.

The upgrades users did to port their Garritan Libraries in to Aria weren't free downloads though. The upgrade for each Library is $50.

At the Native Instruments site, when you access your user account, there may be some upgrades that will be useful to you - but none of that is directly involved with Garritan in its present state.

Randy

Re: Garritan Studio

Thanks Randy, have had similar info from Native Instruments support Dept.

I have finally had to concede that I must upgrade my software even though that also requires boosting my RAM and getting a new operating system. I am upgrading to Sibelius 7 which as I understand it comes equipped with the Garritan sound sets. If not, that it will run the new versions of GPO and JABB. I dare say things won't be as straightforward as I hope....

cheers

Pete
    Pete Canter

Go Back to forum