• Register
  • Help

Topic: Strange problem with spectrasonic user patches and midi cc saving.

Share/Bookmark

Strange problem with spectrasonic user patches and midi cc saving.

As the title suggests, I've developed a strange problem with RMX, Trilian & Omnisphere.
    I'm using a pc with Win XP & Cubase 4.5x

This is a new problem.
    If I create my own patch in any of the 3 instruments, I can save it okay.
    However, any Midi CC assignments I've made in the creation of that patch is not saved - frustrating.

For instance in Omni, I copied a patch from the library, changed quite a few things to make it "my own creation". To LFO 1 depth (controlling amplitude) I assigned midi CC 15.
    Worked great until I tried to recall it the next day. There is no record of the midi cc assignment. Same applies to Trilian or RMX.

When I assign any midi cc and use it in either Cubase, or from my Kenton Kontrol Freak or Korg Nano control, all is fine, but if I remove the VSt and reload it, the assignments are gone.

Some possible red herrings:
    Cubase had to close because it encountered an error the other night - well, Cubase must say that most days that I use it and has done for years.

A few weeks ago I installed Cockos Reaper and added "Steinberg\VST plugins" as an extra path to pick up VST instruments.
    I wondered if this may have caused the problem, so removed this path in Reaper.

Final red herring - I recently purchase an RX2 package in zip format & as I unzipped the files I got the message: "would you like winzip to try to continue with the next file"?
    I answered "yes" and once unzipped dropped the folder onto the sage converter - no problems, but the "next file" isn't in the sage folder.

Hope I haven't overload you techies, but can anyone help?

BTW - no problem with Kontakt 3 midi assignments, but obviously it's a different animal altogether.
    Neil B
    Pentium 4 PC Windows XP Home 32 bit 3.6 Ghz, Omnisphere, Stylus RMX, Trilian, Kontakt 3, GPO 3, EWQLSC, Scope Pulsar II, Cubase 4.5

Re: Strange problem with spectrasonic user patches and midi cc saving.

MIDI learn settings are saved at the Multi level, not the Patch, because they can transcend individual parts. So save your work as a Multi, not a Patch, if you want to save the MIDI learn settings.

However, using the modulation system you can route some common MIDI CC's to modulation targets, and save that in a Patch.

Using this design makes it easy to share patches with other users who may not have the same midi controller as you.
    Glenn O
    Spectrasonics

Re: Strange problem with spectrasonic user patches and midi cc saving.

Thanks Glenn (he says in an embarrassing voice!)

I'm rustier than I thought.
    Another few hours of my life I'll never see again!

Neil
    Neil B
    Pentium 4 PC Windows XP Home 32 bit 3.6 Ghz, Omnisphere, Stylus RMX, Trilian, Kontakt 3, GPO 3, EWQLSC, Scope Pulsar II, Cubase 4.5

Go Back to forum