• Register
  • Help

Topic: ARIA Player Update Download Problems

Share/Bookmark

Question ARIA Player Update Download Problems

I have tried a couple of times recently to download and install the ARIA Player update 1.111 listed on the "Free Downloads" page of my Garritan Store account. The update is around 12MBytes and appears to be downloaded successfully, however Windows 7 cannot open the file as it is of unknown type. Anyone else had this problem and hopefully solved it? Alternatively, is there a Plogue download link available that I can use to download the latest ARIA Player and Engine update for Win 7 64-bit?

Alan T
    Last edited by Alan T; 09-28-2011 at 03:35 PM. Reason: Typos
    Garritan: GPO4, JABB3, Steinway Model D Basic; Cakewalk: Sonar X1 Producer, VS100; MakeMusic: Finale 2011, PrintMusic 2011.

Re: ARIA Player Update Download Problems

Quote Originally Posted by Alan T View Post
    I have tried a couple of times recently to download and install the ARIA Player update 1.111 listed on the "Free Downloads" page of my Garritan Store account. The update is around 12MBytes and appears to be downloaded successfully, however Windows 7 cannot open the file as it is of unknown type. Anyone else had this problem and hopefully solved it? Alternatively, is there a Plogue download link available that I can use to download the latest ARIA Player and Engine update for Win 7 64-bit?

Alan T
    It's something funky about the filename you get downloading through Internet Explorer. All you need to do is change the filename from WIN_Garritan_ARIA_Player_1.111[1] to WIN_Garritan_ARIA_Player_1.111.exe, and it should install just fine. (Don't know why, but this is only a problem with IE -- if you downloaded through Firefox, the filename would be correct.)

Cheers!

Steve
    If you'd like to hear a couple of pieces I might actually finish someday, please visit my virtual concert hall.

Thumbs up Re: ARIA Player Update Download Problems

Steve

Many thanks for the prompt reply and solving the mystery.

Win 7 had the "Hide extensions for known file types" ticked by default in Folder Options so I didn't realize the .exe extension was either missing or corrupted.

Alan T
    Garritan: GPO4, JABB3, Steinway Model D Basic; Cakewalk: Sonar X1 Producer, VS100; MakeMusic: Finale 2011, PrintMusic 2011.

Go Back to forum