• Register
  • Help

Topic: Cinebrass Pro

Share/Bookmark

Cinebrass Pro

OK,

CineSamples just announced CineBrass Pro. I just bought the Cinebrass library in July and now I find out that I did not purchase the pro edition, I guess I purchased the amateur edition

So now I'm expected to plop down more money so I can get the pro edition? Maybe I am totally wrong here, but I think that this should be a free upgrade, especially since I just purchased the library in July.

Weigh in folks, am I crazy for expecting this

Rik

Re: Cinebrass Pro

Quote Originally Posted by rikp View Post
    Maybe I am totally wrong here, but I think that this should be a free upgrade, especially since I just purchased the library in July.
    Wow.

Nope - you are completely wrong. They just released an update, with some new features and bug fixes. That is free. Then, they went back to record more material, spending alot of time and money to do this. Not material to fix any pre-existing problems, but more material, so as to drastically increase the library's size, amount of playable instruments, and artics. And you want all of that new material for free?

From the beginning, they had said that there would be a pro edition coming out a few months after the original library.

The pro edition is not the new version of the library. It will not replace the regular Cinebrass. It is a separate product and the two will both be sold side by side. If you're happy with what you have, there's no reason to buy the pro edition.

Additionally, the pro edition is not a replacement for Cinebrass, it is an expansion on Cinebrass. In other words, both libraries will be required to get all the features. Supposedly there will be some kind of bundle discount if you buy them together, and I'm sure everyone who already owns Cinebrass will be eligible.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffrey Hayat View Post
    Wow.

Nope - you are completely wrong. They just released an update, with some new features and bug fixes. That is free. Then, they went back to record more material, spending alot of time and money to do this. Not material to fix any pre-existing problems, but more material, so as to drastically increase the library's size, amount of playable instruments, and artics. And you want all of that new material for free?
    OK, I guess I stand corrected! I must have missed the notice that they were putting out two libraries. I have been using CineBrass but lately I have been using Hollywood Brass more. Seems to blend better on some projects.

Thanks for the info!

Rik

Another new product from Cinesamples released before they fix the problems with some of their other libraries, and they've closed their forum, so no one can ask questions about their products, claiming they outgrew it. Ya right. I wish them all the best with their new release, but I'm betting some folks will hold off buying it until they are convinced it's solid. Personally I'm quite happy with HB.
    Cubase 7.0.3, Wavelab 7.1, Omnisphere, Trilian, Stylus RMX, Symphobia 1 & 2 , all Spitfire libraries, LASS 2, Requiem Pro, Voxos, Superior Drummer 2, Komplete 8, Cinematic Guitars, most EW libraries, Chris Hein Horns, Guitar & Bass, 2.8 GHz Mac Pro, 18 GB RAM, OS 10.6.8, RME Multiface II + HDSP PCIe

Quote Originally Posted by playz123 View Post
    Another new product from Cinesamples released before they fix the problems with some of their other libraries, and they've closed their forum, so no one can ask questions about their products, claiming they outgrew it. Ya right. I wish them all the best with their new release, but I'm betting some folks will hold off buying it until they are convinced it's solid. Personally I'm quite happy with HB.
    Hi playz123,

I think Jeff has addressed this above. The update to fix the earlier edition was released a few days ago - and to be honest, I don't know of any new library that doesn't get a fix a few months after initial release - especially products from EW!

This promised update came before CineBrass Pro which as far as I can tell, isn't released yet. It's just an announcement of what extras you'll get with the expansion pack. So to be fair, the fixes have been released before any new product has been made available.

Having re read your post, I see you were refering to other libraries so I guess there may be some other outstanding issues - and I sympathise with you if that's the case.

Regards,

Graham

from the web site:

How much?
    If you purchased, or decide to purchase the CineBrass Core Library prior to release of CineBrass PRO Expansion, you will receive very special treatment. There will be a special upgrade pricing exclusive to you, even though this library is entirely new sample content. We will release the actual pricing information on release day.

CineBrass PRO is the expansion to the popular CineBrass Core library. CineBrass PRO is comprised of entirely new orchestral brass sample content, using the first-call Los Angeles musicians at the SONY Scoring Stage, mixed by Dennis Sands.
    Our CineBrass core library, released in June 2011, covers the essentials of the orchestral brass section, and functions as a solid foundation in our composing templates. But what about all the other things brass can do? We asked you, the film music community, what you wanted to see in an expansion. The result is CineBrass PRO.
    HTH

Nigel

Our SCOREcastOnline video behind the scenes of the Cinebrass Pro recording session.

http://www.youtube.com/user/scorecastonline
    Regards,
    Brian W. Ralston

Check out my new FREE iPhone App! Click Here!

Go Back to forum