• Register
  • Help

Topic: AO and Miroslav V Orchestra

Share/Bookmark

AO and Miroslav V Orchestra

Hi,

I\'ve just converted the A.Orchestra and the Vitous Orchestra library from AKAi format to GIGA and...disapointment!!
    They seem pretty unplayable mainly because of some latency between the moment I hit the key and the sound actualy begins. I opened up the waveforms (Edit Audio) and I noticed that indded the waveform does not start from the begin of the file, but few tens of miliseconds later.
    This does not happen to all the regions/dimensions, only some. I tried to adjust the \"Sample offset\" parameter but...it is a hell of work!! Shouldn\'t this \"offset\" be set automatically?
    Then I noticed that also some guitars from the QL Guitars have the same problem: need to be edited (sample offset for some - not all- regions). Again: a lot of work!
    I miss the old AKAI times, when I didn\'t have to make any adjustments...
    Maybe you guys have any idea or sugestion...

Thanks,
    mihmar

Re: AO and Miroslav V Orchestra

I feel your pain! Strings seem to be the hardest thing to get to just sound right! I\'ve been pulling my hair out trying to get the attacks and releases right in the Giga editor, but I never get satisfying results either. The mod wheel used as an expression controller works okay, but it just takes forever to get it right. I\'ve also noticed that these libraries claim to be 23 violin sections and so on, but how come they still sound so thin? Where\'s that big fat hollywood soundtrack string library?

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size=\"1\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Damon:
    I\'ve also noticed that these libraries claim to be 23 violin sections and so on, but how come they still sound so thin? Where\'s that big fat hollywood soundtrack string library?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I agree...Maybe we should combine these Giga strings with some strings patches from synths (like Yamaha SY99). This way we\'ll get fat strings parts, I gues...

Mihmar

I agree that mixing string patches is the way to get \"big\" sounds not to mention composing skills.

I\'ve created a Mod wheel crossfade patch of the ultimate strings violins (p/mf/f) and use that with AO for the violin section II. Then somewhere in the middle I use my Roland Orch exp board violins to thicken both sections up. this sounds great for slow/melodic passages,..but when I do short hard attacks it completely thins out...which isn\'t much of a prob if I bring in other string sections in the composition. I\'m also thinking of experimenting with Formant changing the Violas (as well as pitch changing for more variety) to get more short attacks and layers.

BTW I like the fast attacks on US (marcato), especially the cellos and basses, they have a nice thick in your face sound...alot of people hate that,..I love it

mihmar- I don\'t know whats up with the conversion. I own the giga version of AO. Maybe something went awry in the conversion...have you thought of trying a different converter?

------------------
    Really...I am an Idiot

Go Back to forum