• Register
  • Help

Topic: Sharing live orchestra recording session. Interested?

Share/Bookmark

Sharing live orchestra recording session. Interested?

Hi,

I am interested in recording some pieces with the Capellen Orchestra, a professional studio orchestra in Prague with excellent rates. However, there is a minimum booking of 4 hours. But I don't need the full 4 hours for now, 1 hour will be sufficient for my immediate need. If someone here has a project requiring a live orchestra or would just like to have a recording of one of your orchestral pieces with live musicians, we could share the cost of the session. In my case, my piece will only need 1 hour. I could also split the entire session, 2 hours each, so that is already half the cost for an HQ orchestra. With a little group of 3 or 4 people, it will be even more economic. I will record my piece this year, maybe november, hopefully I can share my time. But if you are interested but not necessarily for this year, you could also let me know. I could contact you for the future. If you are interested keep in mind I am talking about the Capellen orchestra, which top-class selection of the very best players from various orchestras around. With Capellen Orchestra, there should be no difference between first and last stand - even the last chair occupies excellent player.... I'm mentioning this because they offer a different program with another orchestra which is more economic but not as high quality, not just musicians but a lot of other aspects, such as mic set ups. With HQ, can also have remote control to oversee (and comment) the recording in real time, and many more.

It may be worth to mention, that once you decide to record something with the Capellen orchestra, they offer a "service" (often called orchestration or scoring) will be availale for you for free! The reason is simply: this way, they can prepare the music the way it will be very playable for live orchestra and, at the same time, close to the composer intentions (if not far better;-). That's what I was told.

Here are some links to check it out, with audio samples:

http://www.capellen.cz/english/recordings_01.htm

and pricelist:

http://www.capellen.cz/docs/CMP_SRC.pdf

Their latest recording:

http://soundcloud.com/pmcomposer/hills-of-misty-winds

Re: Sharing live orchestra recording session. Interested?

Guy,

Thanks for the offer. I am interested but will struggle to have a score 'performance ready' by November unless the free service provides a lot of help and guidance with this. I'd certainly be interested in exploring this further, if not for this occasion but perhaps some other in the future.

Regards,

Graham

I could always wait till mid December, if that could make the difference.

Quote Originally Posted by guyB View Post
    I could always wait till mid December, if that could make the difference.
    Thanks Guy, I've sent you a PM.

Regards,

Graham

Go Back to forum