• Register
  • Help

Topic: 'Building Quicksound Database' Problem

Share/Bookmark

\'Building Quicksound Database\' Problem

Well, I got my copy of Gigastudio160 Friday, but unfortunately haven\'t been able to install it correctly.
    After installing and restarting the computer, the program profiles your drives for gigs. It says
    \"Building Quicksound Database\"
    BUT IT NEVER STOPS!! I\'ve left it running until it crashes about half an hour later. I\'ve uninstalled it and reinstalled it several times with the same result.

I\'m running Windows95 with a PII300, and just wanted to try it out before I build my own PIII system. Also there is a program that is supposed to fix a bug with a certain version of Win95, but when I run it, it tells me my computer doesn\'t need it. Must be something else.

Anyone else have this problem? I guess I have to wait until Monday to call Nemesys (hopefully they\'re working Memorial Day), or until I get my new system. All I can do now is look at the controls. Can\'t load a single sound.

Re: \'Building Quicksound Database\' Problem

I haven\'t experienced your problem but I have found XSample instruments to be incredibly slow to convert from 1.0 to 2.0. So slow that I think the program is hung. Once it does finish, the update of the database also takes a very long time. With all other instruments the procedure is fast. If you\'ve got XSample instruments install you might want to remove them temporarily to see if that makes a difference. You might also run scandisk to see of there are any HD problems.

Re: \'Building Quicksound Database\' Problem

Thanks for the suggestion.
    I did have Xsample instruments and deleted them, but no cigar.
    I finally got it working though. I had to move all my gigs from my D drive to C drive where my programs are. I guess it doesn\'t like my D drive, which is a Western Digital 8 gig.

Go Back to forum