• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: Sample Library producer's social club?

Share/Bookmark

Sample Library producer\'s social club?

Hi,

I wondered if some of you sample CD producers would be interested in a \"closed\" private forum - via email, where we could discuss problems, exchange tips, etc.
    Off course we are competitors and we will not give away crucial knowledge, but we are colleagues too and I sometimes wish that I could talk with other developers.
    If interested mail me at: thomas@scarbee.com

Re: Sample Library producer\'s social club?

I think it would be real cool if some of you guys making your new sample CDs could do like Dan Dean did and have 1 or 2 samples from your new CDs to download for free. I have to say that was real cool of you to do that also Dan. I have used your cello and cello pizzicato in 3 of my demos and they sound fantastic!
    If the samples sound good, you know I\'ll buy them! I think that gives everyone a taste of what the sound quality, giga performance would be like. I\'ve spent some bucks on a few CDs that I really wish I had not in the past and besides just hearing demos, some samples would be a good way to get people to buy the finished product. Hope some of you agree!

[This message has been edited by Damon (edited 02-27-2001).]

[This message has been edited by Damon (edited 02-27-2001).]

It would be real cool as well, if one could download individual instruments from a whole library for a certain price (sonicimplants allow it!!!). Downloading all would even make the whole thing a lot cheaper (no shipping costs, sending outside USA no tax, etc.)

Yep, good idea, and we have thought about that for a while. Actually, we have started a small download page at biggagiggas.com, (wich at this moment doesn\'t work, since the files are onthe same server as the ones that are on Worra\'s Place....).
    The problem would be to have a demo for, let\'s say, the Rhodes gig, since it\'s just one big gig, so if we uploaded that one, we\'d be giving it away for free, wich I\'m certain would be apprichiated, but not that good for buisness...
    What would you people say about \"crippled\" demo, that is, 1-2 octaves. In principle, I\'m against it, but it would give an idea on how the gig sounds.

The idea about choosing between gigs and filling a CD is a good idea, and we will look into that.

/Worra

The club is now established and we have some cool members, but we would like to see more developers here!

Please feel free to mail me at: thomas@scarbee.com for an invitation.

Thomas

>The problem would be to have a demo for, let\'s say, the Rhodes gig, since it\'s just one big gig, so if we uploaded that one, we\'d be giving it away for free, wich I\'m certain would be apprichiated, but not that good for buisness...
    What would you people say about \"crippled\" demo, that is, 1-2 octaves. In principle, I\'m against it, but it would give an idea on how the gig sounds.<

I don\'T know so much about what is possible, but isn\'T there a way to play instruments from once own computer via internet??? I mean: Can\'T one get access to Samples from your HD. This way one wouldn\'t need to download to once own HD and could get access to the whole range of octaves. You get what I mean???

>The idea about choosing between gigs and filling a CD is a good idea, and we will look into that.<

Downloading individual instruments would be much appreciated as people on a low budget could start slowly but at least COULD start.

------------------
    O.H.

[This message has been edited by OH (edited 03-01-2001).]

Geez OH,

If you think Nemesys had some problems making samples stream off a fast LOCAL hard disk, wait \'til you put the internet between you and the HD with the samples to be played!!!

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size=\"1\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Chadwick:
    Geez OH,

If you think Nemesys had some problems making samples stream off a fast LOCAL hard disk, wait \'til you put the internet between you and the HD with the samples to be played!!!
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I knew I asked something silly, BUT: One can see live-concerts via the Internet in realtime... or am I wrong???

------------------
    O.H.

Hi,
    I am also a developer and we have contributed a huge drum set and a few other very usable full size .gigs to the Nemesys demo cd rom that comes with GigaStudio. (Unlike other, bigger companies)

If you want this demo data please call Nemesys and have them send you a copy of the free demo! It will work on GigaSampler.

Unfortunately many people are using free demo data in their productions and only a miniscule!! percentage ever buy the data, which makes it not worth it to the small developers and slows down new development.

Ever got anything usable for free from East West or Best Service?

If you fellow .gig devs want to email me I\'ll be happy to converse!
    franz@vrsound.com

best,
    franZ

VRSOUND.COM

Sorry Damon,

I was under the impression that OH meant to LEAVE the .gigs at the server (eg Worra\'s) and - using amazing new predictive streaming (not yet develpoed) - play them from his studio PC without actually loading them onto his local hard drive

I\'ve got to agree about download sizes though. As cable becomes more affordable, most of us wouldn\'t even sneeze at a 100mb download. I can still remember the days of leaving my pc on all night so that Getright could download the Quake III test Not anymore....

Go Back to forum