• Register
  • Help

Topic: Lite instruments in JABB after new installation

Share/Bookmark

Lite instruments in JABB after new installation

Following a HD failure, I have upgraded to Windows 7 and Sibelius 7. I have re-installed JABB (original version) and updated to Kontakt 2 so I have the Lite instruments showing in the LOAD menu. (Before updating Kontakt the Lite instruments were missing) BUT when I attempt to load I get the message "This patch was updated by a newer version of Kontakt. Please upgrade your copy to load the patch. This seems starnge as I previously had the Lite instruments running in XP without any upgrade.

Can anyone advise please?

thanks

Pete
    Pete Canter

Re: Lite instruments in JABB after new installation

Seem to have solved my own problem - upgrading KP2 has made the lite instruments available - just have to figure out how to get Sibelius 7 to play them now?
    Pete Canter

Quote Originally Posted by Pete Canter View Post
    Seem to have solved my own problem - upgrading KP2 has made the lite instruments available - just have to figure out how to get Sibelius 7 to play them now?
    Hi, Pete - I don't have Sib 7, I'm still with version 5, but maybe they haven't changed the way you set things up.

In Sib 5, in the top menu Play>Playback Devices is the last thing on the pop-up menu. In that Playback Devices window, the available devices are listed on the left. You activate the ones you want to use so they show up in the right hand column. Then you choose which sound sets you want the chosen device to play.

So, your updated Kontakt Player should show up, and then all sounds/libraries you have that work in KP2 will be listed, and available.

Randy

Thanks Randy,

yes it is generally the same. Problem is that Kontakt doesn't show up in the list of available devices. I don't know if this is a folder thing maybe...i.e. the Kontakt player or the libraries have to be in a certain folder. The Sibelius programme seems to have a specific folder it wants VSTs in or is that not the same thing?

Pete
    Pete Canter

Go Back to forum